Essentials

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I'm a first time mama I have no idea what I need to get and I'm kinda making it all up as I go along, however kinda important, how much do I need in terms of bedding/sheets/blankets/stroller blankets/winter essentials?

Tia :)

No idea but was wondering the same thing :) so far I've got a selection of long sleeve vests in both newborn and 0-3, a selection of sleep suits again in both sizes, a couple of hats, a couple of pairs of mittens, a couple of snow suits, quite a lot of knitted cardigans (mum likes knitting lol) a pair of booties, 2 blankets, some Muslim squares and a couple of tops! Haven't started on sheets etc yes, my auntie has some for me though I think! Going to go pram shopping and get a baby sling, a baby bath set and nappy bin etc in a few weeks- I'm 25 weeks now! Also need to sort and buy maternity bag stuff and crib! So much to remember lol! It dawned on me the other day that despite working in day nurseries for years, I have no idea how to look after a newborn as they are normally a bit older and come with instructions from their parents! Apparently it comes naturally- I hope so haha xx

Hey Hun, heres what I had first time round but everyone else probably does different.

Bedding: I just did 2 fitted sheets, 2 sleeping bags and about 5 cellular blankets. Then rotated them about for a set in wash and set on.

Blankets: We had about 4 fleecy blankets which we used for in pushchair, car seat, Moses basket and just general use wherever.

I am same as you, first time mummy so unsure on how much I need. So far I have way to many clothes, 24 vests 0-3 months, about 20 sleep suits 0-3 months, 6 blankets and about 2 fleece blankets, 6 muslin squares. I also had about 3 jackets for winter in 0-3 and numerous cardies. Think I may have gone a bit ott but can't stop spending! I don't have many fitted sheets at the moment, my sister gave me a few from her son, but the in laws are buying the crib and the bits to go with it so will see what they buy. Suppose you can't ever have too much stuff, but babies grow so fast and it would be a shame if my lil girl didnt get to wear half of what I got! I'm sure the nhs give a guideline as to how much newborns should have as essentials xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back