What sheets and blankets to buy.

babyjay1

Reaction score
I've now decided to start buying nursery furniture, bedding ect. However, there are so many different types of sheets and blankets to buy for the cot i've no idea where to start. I know you need a fitted sheet 1st and the baby needs layers as you can apply and remove when necessary but i don't really know anything else coz there are so many different types. Would anyone be so kind to help me :think:

I like the flanelette sheets best or plain cotton as they are kinder to babes skin, the terry ones are horrid after a few washes xx

How many of those do you have? Honestly i'm clueless :oops: I didn't know whether to get a fleece one coz it'll be winter time and what are the cellular ones for?

You'll need 2 or 3 celular blankets for bubs. I used to double mine over in the winter when D was born. For the sheets underneath I'd says get 3 at least to cut down on washing. I didn't use a fleece blanket on Damo unless we went out, I think they are too thick foe them to use all night and could overheat.

Yes I thought that Sami, I have bought one fleecy blanket for going out in the pram and thats it

We bought quite a few blankets and sheets and although we use the sheets alot (just make sure you get the right size as I sent DH out for some more moses basket sheets and he came back with cotbed :roll: ...he tried bless him) but we found that Charlie kept kicking off the covers so we bought Grobags instead and have only ever used the blankets on his pram/car seat. We bought the Grobags second hand off Ebay as they are quite expensive but certainly worth it either way!!!!

yes good question as I went ion Mamas and Papas the other day not having a clue what to buy. Ended up with 4 fitted sheets (for cot), 2 fitted sheets for moses basket and blanket for each and a grow bag - still not sure if that will do????? Keep thinking I should get some flat sheets for the cot / moses basket as well - what do you think???

Sheet wise we ran out of fitted sheets for the moses basket and ended up buying cheap cotton pillow cases which were brilliant as a back up between washes. We managed with a total of 4/5 moses basket sheets as we used more due to leaking nappies and vomiting (Charlie has reflux) and we currently use 4 cot sheets as they are fairly easy to dry in this mild weather but might need an extra one or two for winter...his relux is more under control now so not having to change the sheet every night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back