EPU referral

JoD

Reaction score
Hey ladies, first post in this section for a good while.

I've been to drs today as I found out I am pg again 2 weeks ago, this pregnancy has followed straight on from early mc which started on 6th feb. It was 2nd mc so I wasn't referred for any tests etc.

Thing is...and I'm sure most of you will think I'm mad but I really don't want to ever have to go back to EPU I've just got awful memories of the place.

Drs are saying I need an early scan to see how far on I am for future tests needed, but I don't get it... I got a 3+ on cb digi at the weekend, started bleeding from last mc 6 weeks ago so therefore must be around 5ish weeks?

Isn't downs testing etc between 11-14 weeks? So surely I would be ok if scan was arranged for the middle of then?

EPU will be calling me this pm to arrange and I really want to turn down the scan, unless it is really important. I just cant see what the big issue is though.

Do you think I'm mad if I turn it down? I was really hoping I could blank out the pregnancy until, if I'm lucky enough, I get to tri 2 x x

JoD,

Firstly congratulations!!

I think you must go for this scan sweetie..... They wouldn't have offered it otherwise

I've had 3 miscarriages and do you think I could get an early scan on the NHS? Not for love nor money.

It will put your mind at rest to know your bean is there safe and sound??

DS testing is not until 12 weeks so don't worry about that.

I really, really think you need to go!!

xxxxxxxxx

I get where your coming from I suppose my biggest fear is something being wrong, say heart beat too slow so go back in a week, then another week etc.

Whereas if I didn't know that I'd only have the upset from when mc started, rather than knowing the enivitable weeks before.

I guess I have no faith in my body producing a child, I'll have a good think though.

The NHS is frustrating at times, a lot depends on where you live. I think its poor that you can't get an early scan after 3 mc x x

I get where your coming from I suppose my biggest fear is something being wrong, say heart beat too slow so go back in a week, then another week etc.

Whereas if I didn't know that I'd only have the upset from when mc started, rather than knowing the enivitable weeks before.

I guess I have no faith in my body producing a child, I'll have a good think though.

The NHS is frustrating at times, a lot depends on where you live. I think its poor that you can't get an early scan after 3 mc x x

Why not try to book a scan for when you know you will def see a HB (so say in 2 weeks)

Explain to EPU that you are only 5 weeks gone and would prefer not to waste the resources and can they see you in 14 days.

By then you'll be in the region of 7 weeks and will def see a HB!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a good idea, I'll suggest that to them. Thanks hun x x

I agree with CARNAT, i think you should go for the scan. Even though it's horrible and the worst happens i think it's better to know earlier if there may be a problem as to get further pregnant along and find out when you are even more attached to bean x

Good luck hun, fingers crossed for you x

Yep go for the scan Hun I think it will help & lots of luck to you xxxx

Id defo say go to the scan like the others say x

Thanks ladies, I've gone ahead with the scan but have arranged for 4 weeks time, this way hubby has enough notice to book the day off work, if its bad news at least he'll be there with me this time.

I'm now going to forget about it and try and stay positive!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back