Nit going to get an early scan :(

twinkles

Reaction score
Even though when I had mc I wax told epu would give me an early scan when I'm next preg, it is no longer the case :( spoke to the midwife and she said they wouldn't unless I had 3 mc, plus not seeing midwife for booking appointment until 10 weeks....don't know how I'm going to pass the next 5 weeks waiting for scan! Had mc at 8 weeks so I will be anxious! X

Nit??!?! Should of read Not!!!

Last edited:
Oh honey, could you enquire about a private scan if you feel you can't cope with waiting?x

Groupon do some offers on scans? My doc is the sane, 2 mc no scan offered and mw at 9 weeks :/

So I'm blowing my money on two scans at 6 & 9 weeks!

Sorry to hear that hope you manage to get a early scan xxx

Just typed a reply and it didn't post :( just wanted to suggest a private scan too. Tri 1 can feel so alone and especially anxious time for a woman with a mc history. xx

Thanks girls, I have emailed 2 clinics for prices for an early scan so I will see what they come up with, I'm in s.w.wales so every where is about 2 hours away! It's probably worth it for piece of mind!x

It's around £100 for me to have a private scan. I have had 4 mc's but never been given an early scan which is crazy. If my doctor doesn't offer one this time I will go private x

Amyrose that's awful! 4mc and no support with an early scan? There's me complaining about 1 mc and wanting one, I don't know how you must feel! It makes you mad, can you get a second opinion to be referred for early scans?x

Twinkles what region are you in? I travelled an hour away to get my early scans but it was totally worth it, might find one at a decent price xx

Really naughty but you could blag that you've had bleeding...:whistle:

Xx

^^ I wouldn't say that to a doctor, there may be people who actually have had bleeding etc and need an early scan...

I'm sorry they couldn't get you one, I hope you find a good price for a private one! xx

Yeah I guess, but really she does need one the nhs are too tight to give her one.

Xx

I'm ok girls, I'm waiting to hear back about private ones, and there are prob a lot more girls in need of early scans than me! I think if I told fibs I would jinx it!! X

I'm not sayin she doesn't...

Its all about funding, this country is backwards! If I was in charge we'd all have scans every week!! :D It's a bit naff how far away they are to you, 2 hours is a fair way! x

Sorry you won't get one.

I didn't either :(

Aw that sucks!
I wish there was more funding, I don't think its right being made to wait so long for a scan after you've suffered mc's. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back