cant get a scan :(

trixipaws

Reaction score
i went to the docs yesterday morning to ask to be referred to epu for an early scan, or at least the hcg blood tests, for reassurance coz of what happened in november. but i was told no they wont do it! :( they would only send me if i was having problems- i presume like bleeding or other mc signs, which of course i am not gonna lie about just to get an early scan!

so, iv gotta wait until my dating scan. its over a month until i am 12 weeks! seems like forever to wait. i am rather crestfallen :(

Aww that sucks :( but hopefully the time will go fast for you! :hug:

Could you have a private one? We had one at 8 weeks and it made us feel loads better. It was something like £100 - £120 but I know other girls have got it cheaper. :hug:

I understand how you feel and was really frustrated that I couldn't get a scan earlier than 12 weeks. However on the plus side it means you are healthy and well, and likely the baby is doing dandy! xxx

Try to look on the +ve side. If you do have any complications, you will get an early scan quickly because the EPAU won't be filled up with women who aren't having problems but are there for reassurance only. And as others have said, if you really really need the reassurance at this stage there are lots of places who will do a private scan for you, which might give you the peace of mind you need.

After my m/c in Nov i asked the EPU if next time i could have an early scan and they said if i really really really really wanted one i could, however if i had a scan at say 7 weeks, there is nothing to stop anything going wrong anyway by the time the 12 week scan came around so there wasn't much point and just to think positive that everything would be ok the next time. I know its not reassuring but i see it that if i'm ok baby is ok so just got to wait what feels like 2 years for the next 7 weeks to pass :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear that :hug: my gp sent me for a reasurance scan and it still took 3 weeks till i had it from being referd. :hug: :hug: I hope the time flys for you.

do y'all think i could just bypass the GP and fone the EPU at the hospital i went to and ask them? they'll have me on their records, wont they? what do y'all think?

You have nothing to lose by calling them. You could say that your worried and its affecting your sleeping and it would put your mind at rest, all they can say is no! Good luck x

I went to my gp a few weeks ago with a silly worry (slightly tender tummy) & he told me i couldent have a scan at epu the other week cause i did not have any bleeding, but when my midwife rang me up she said she did not know why he had not just sent me to epu :roll:
Do you have a midwife yet? if so maybe have a chat with her tell her your worries, if not you could try ringing epu the worst they can say is no.

Aww hon im sorry to hear this. it can't hurt ringing the hospital but you could always go private if you are worried?

:hug:

i cant afford to go private. i shall fone the hosp on monday and ask :)

the epau here wont let you refer yourself. you have to be referred by either the gp, or a+e.

they might not accept you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back