epidural

shaz20

Reaction score
hi girls i woulld like to hear from anyone whos had an
epidural did it hurt and what benefits there are
to having one im not too brave when it comes to needles

Hi Ya hun, I had a epidural with my 1st, although the pain relief was nice, i would not recommend it personally, it slowed my labour i couldnt push properly i ended up with vontouse and episiotomy and long recoevry, it also made me violently sick!! But i have heard good things too about it xx

Hi,

Had one with my first as I had been in labour for a long time and was failing to progress so was heading rapidly for a caesarean (did end up having this). I didn't really notice the pain when they put it in as I was in a lot of pain anyway, but it was hard trying to sit still through contractions!!

It was wonderful and took all the pain away. Had no side effects but one thing I found was it slowed down my contractions so I think, deminished my chance of a natural birth (although it may not have happened anyway - it is hard to say).

TBH it is kinda sore but your in pain anyway so it doesnt make a lot of difference and you know once its in the pain will be numbing,

i had an epidural twice but with my last one i was too far gone to have one, they gave me a drug that began with an m its like pethedine but DOES NOT go to the baby so i agreed to it, as the pain was bad, anyway omg it was the best thing in the world, i still had the pain, but i didnt care if that made sense, so with this pregnancy im asking for that as pain relief again as it also means i can leave the hospital quicker too.

I had an epidural... and couldn't recommend it enough.. Plus my labour never slowed down, but it gave me a rest from weeks of not sleeping (that's worse than the giving birth as I can assure you experiencing it again). If anything my epidural sped my labour up.

I had an episotomy at the end, but it was because DD went into severe distress, which was only picked up because I was being monitored all the time on the epi, and they needed to get her out quick. I managed to push her out in a few pushes...and even though forceps were threatened because I had the energy to push hard, I didn't need it in the end.

After I had DD I started to haemorrhage because my placenta was retained and with the epi in they just topped it up in less than half an hour and rushed me to theatre for my op.

I had back pain before I had the epi.. and the treatment I had for that was to have injections into my back (like an epi... same idea) and that was far more painful than during the labour. And the epi actually gave me relief from the back pain I had from the back to back labour...

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back