Ended up on Gas and Air today!!!

Charmed

Reaction score
Nothing to do with babies though. :rotfl:

Sorry may be tmi.

I broke my leg and ankle last year and got one of the pins out today. The ortho doc gave me a local anaesthetic but as soon as he started cutting I felt it and told him but he carried on. There were two nurses holding me and they had to give me gas and air, I was bawling my eyes out. :cry:

It took about 15 mins but I was in agony. I think I was in shock because I didn't expect it to be painful at the time as I thought the local would cover it. When he pulled the pin out of the bone I was screaming and afterwards felt every stitch going in. :cry:

I'm so angry now I think I was too shell shocked at the time to say much. The gas and air only made me feel woosy didn't really help with the pain. :think:

I was even annoyed when the radio-ologist went to give me an x-ray she didn't even ask if I might be pregnant, I had to tell her myself that there may be a possibility. All the other ones have always asked first. Sorry for the rant and hope its ok to post this here.

Nothing to do with babies though. :rotfl:

Sorry may be tmi.

I broke my leg and ankle last year and got one of the pins out today. The ortho doc gave me a local anaesthetic but as soon as he started cutting I felt it and told him but he carried on. There were two nurses holding me and they had to give me gas and air, I was bawling my eyes out. :cry:

It took about 15 mins but I was in agony. I think I was in shock because I didn't expect it to be painful at the time as I thought the local would cover it. When he pulled the pin out of the bone I was screaming and afterwards felt every stitch going in. :cry:

I'm so angry now I think I was too shell shocked at the time to say much. The gas and air only made me feel woosy didn't really help with the pain. :think:

I was even annoyed when the radio-ologist went to give me an x-ray she didn't even ask if I might be pregnant, I had to tell her myself that there may be a possibility. All the other ones have always asked first. Sorry for the rant and hope its ok to post this here.

Write everything down in detail while its still fresh in your mind and then complain hun. Hospitals need to start treating their patients with some respect.

Write everything down in detail while its still fresh in your mind and then complain hun. Hospitals need to start treating their patients with some respect.

I agree with Melanie, that is absolutely dsgusting.Theres no way they should of carried out such a procedure without making sure you ouldnt feel any pain.

Write a letter straight away and complain!!!

I agree with Melanie, that is absolutely dsgusting.Theres no way they should of carried out such a procedure without making sure you ouldnt feel any pain.

Write a letter straight away and complain!!!

Thanks girls. :)

Yes I will complain, I was lying in bed last concocting a letter in my head so will write it all down today.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Let us know their response to your complaint
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

baaahh!! you've given me goosebumps :shock:

poor you. deffo complain, thats barbaric. on plus side giving birth will be a breeze!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back