BRITISH GAS CAN KISS...

mummykay

Reaction score
MY ASS IF THEY THINK THEY CAN CHARGE ME £200 FOR 31DAYS MINIMAL USE OF GAS!!!

Seriously, Im at my flat for 3days a week and my mums for the other days so how the fuck can my bill be for £200 for the mth????

My heatings not even workin at the mo hence me stayin at my parents and i use the hob to the minimum...

TAKES THE FUCKIN PISS!!!

And I bet them fat cats up in the management of British Gas are lovely and toasty burnin all our money to keep themselves warm

TOSSERS!!!

£200 No f***** way :eek: :shock: for 1 month :? :eek: :x :twisted: :shakehead:

There must be a mistake thats beyond redicoulus :twisted:

After all the energy posts lately moving into our own home suddenly seems even more scary :(

Hope you get it sorted get on the phone and play hell that price is taking the P*** :shakehead:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

They've tried the same thing with me.. In the end I paid it all because I was so exhausted with it all. They kept threatening me with solicitors and everything, despite my frequent replies that the bill was wrong and that I'd happily pay if they sent me an amended one with the correct figures. I basically got an apology followed by a threat, followed by an apology, followed by a threat at infinitum. Their phone hotline is pretty useless, too. Be sure to do everything in writing and get in touch with a watchdog pdq, just to be on the safe side. They're robbers, nothing else.

good advice, thanks widowwadman

infuriates me when i think, how the hell are the old dears supposed to survive winter???

their pensions are peanuts and theyve still got to buy food and pay for their water???

THE WHOLE COUNTRYS FUCKED GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Does the units used have an "e" near it? If so, it's an estimated bill. Take a meter reading and phone it through (you might even be able to do it online). That should dramatically reduce the bill unless it's been a very long time since you last had your meter read.

Matt - I have estimated written all over the piece of paper!!!

me thinks i will ring and kick up a fuss, i want to pay for what iv used obviously, but even so isnt it rather alot of dollar for not alot of heat?! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

mummykay said:
Matt - I have estimated written all over the piece of paper!!!

me thinks i will ring and kick up a fuss, i want to pay for what iv used obviously, but even so isnt it rather alot of dollar for not alot of heat?! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Go and have a look at your meter now and see if its dramatically different.

Our estimated bills are always sky high too... its normal, just send them the right info.

widowwadman said:
They've tried the same thing with me.. In the end I paid it all because I was so exhausted with it all. They kept threatening me with solicitors and everything, despite my frequent replies that the bill was wrong and that I'd happily pay if they sent me an amended one with the correct figures. I basically got an apology followed by a threat, followed by an apology, followed by a threat at infinitum. Their phone hotline is pretty useless, too. Be sure to do everything in writing and get in touch with a watchdog pdq, just to be on the safe side. They're robbers, nothing else.

You paid them :shock:

You should of let them take you to court as you were not the one in the wrong.
These big compainies are rip off merchants.
Whatever you do kay, do not give in to them hun.

Tell them to sort it out NOW.

Good luck hun.

Morganuk said:
[

Good luck hun.

You're right, I shouldn't have let them get away with it, but I started getting scared. Also because I want to apply for British citizenship and for a successful application I cannot have any wotsits record. I know realistically that they didn't have anything against me in their hands, but after the umpteenth letter I started feeling very nervous.

widowwadman said:
Morganuk said:
[

Good luck hun.

You're right, I shouldn't have let them get away with it, but I started getting scared. Also because I want to apply for British citizenship and for a successful application I cannot have any wotsits record. I know realistically that they didn't have anything against me in their hands, but after the umpteenth letter I started feeling very nervous.

They can be vey intimmidating I know hun :wall:
I think its a discrace that they can do this to people who are innocent (you clearly tried to tell them enough so they are out of order).
Dontlet them walk all over you again sweetie :hug:

Thanks :hug: I won't, as I'm with a different supplier now :D

Which, btw, I'd thoroughly recommend to the original poster, too.

mummykay said:
anyone with southern electric?

I am but only been with them a couple of months since moving in here so cant really help u sorry! Sounds WAY ott though, i'd defo ring them with an accurate reading and hopefully they will send you an amended bill. I had the guess what my payments would be and set up the direct debit for that amount :? and im now really worried that im gunna get a huuuuge bill, i really need to send them a meter reading too x

mummykay said:

we were and they were fine, we moved to e-on now but only cos we wanted to get capped and we got 55 quid cashback from quidco by switching... you should do it :)

I am on pre pay with British Gas - I charge my meter with £50 per month at the moment - thats a two up two down semi. That is just hot water and gas cooker, the hot water is oly on 3 hours in the morning and three hours at night - I dread to think what it will cost in the winter when I have to put the heating on :(

I had LOADS of trouble with British Gas, they're a bunch of bullies. I've had letters from collection agencies demanding settlement of a bill which should never have been issued in the first place from when I moved house nearly 2 years ago.

I wouldn't touch British Gas again if they PAID ME to use them! I'm on a capped rate with eon now because I get tesco clubcard vouchers with them.

Hope you get it sorted hun, make sure you do everything in writing if you complain and send all letters recorded delivery if they're important.

Urchin said:
mummykay said:

we were and they were fine, we moved to e-on now but only cos we wanted to get capped and we got 55 quid cashback from quidco by switching... you should do it :)

Oooooh!!! *runs off to have a look* :)

aww :hug: i like the rhyme it makes good for chanting! british gas can kiss my ass! british gas can kiss my ass! british gas can kiss my ass! lol

hope u get it sorted that dont sound right :hug:

mummykay said:
MY ASS IF THEY THINK THEY CAN CHARGE ME £200 FOR 31DAYS MINIMAL USE OF GAS!!!

Seriously, Im at my flat for 3days a week and my mums for the other days so how the f**k can my bill be for £200 for the mth????

My heatings not even workin at the mo hence me stayin at my parents and i use the hob to the minimum...

TAKES THE FUCKIN p*ss!!!

And I bet them fat cats up in the management of British Gas are lovely and toasty burnin all our money to keep themselves warm

TOSSERS!!!

That sounds about right for British Gas they are robbers in disguise.

They are trying to get £650 off me for a quarter :talkhand: think not.

I have tried to explain there is no way we can owe that much our bills are always about £120 per quarter.
But they aren't having any of it - neither am I though because it isn't getting paid.
I'm complaining to EnergyWatch.

mummykay said:

i'm with them and they've consistently been the cheapest for us. we don't have gas at our flat though and are on an economy 7 though - but we only pay about £110-£120 a quarter for our electricity!

hope you get it sorted with the ripping-off *******s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back