Emma.b's baby arrived!!! :-D x x x

Emma.b

Reaction score
Well as the title says really can finally say my little boy is here :-D

After going 4 days over due, which isn't a a lot by any means, but it felt like forever. I am finally able to post my labour thread on here. I'll try to remember as much as possible, but i've slept since then, kinda, and they drugs helped numb the memories! Lol

So. I went for a sweep at 40+3 on friday 31st may, was told by the midwife the cervix was lovely and favourable. Already at 2 cm stretched, nice and soft and 50% effaced. So the sweep went lovely and was told by midwife she would be checking the deliveries book on the monday and fully expected to see my name. Spent the rest of the day walking, cleaning and bouncing on ball. I waited all day for the dread period type pains to set in, after reading that most women experience these after the sweep. I went to bed that night feeling disappointed as i hadn't had a hint or twinge of a period pain.

I woke at around 7.15am saturday morning to a really sharp shooting pain in my cervix area, but thought nothing of it as i'd been getting these on and off for weeks. However minutes later i felt a little trickle and if i'm honest in my half sleep state thought a had pee'd a little :shock:
Only after getting up to go to the toilet it ran down my legs some more. Managed to get sat on the toliet before they waters actually gushed out of me.... one of the weirdest feeling ever! Called to OH that waters had gone, who then nearly fell out of bed in his half asleep daze. Managed to get on a pad and ring the hospital who asked me to ring back in an hours time and let them know if i was still leaking. so pottered about the house, got the last of my bits ready and had breakfast. Rang the ward back and was told to make my way to the hospital to be checked in another hours time...longest hours wait EVER! lol

Made our way to the hospital at about 10am and was seen downstairs on in ADU as the ward were really busy. By this point i was in no pain and just had the leaking waters, mixed in with blood, which was my show. I was seen by a midwife who told me i'd be checked then sent on my way to await contractions as the ward was busy. So i was checked at which point they found i was already 4-5cm dilated! :shock: Had obs done and awaited a bed, as i was told i wouldn't be leaving without my baby! :)

Was taken up to the ward and by this point the internal examine done in ADU had set of the contractions. This is were i lost track of time. After about 2 hours of painful period contractions, none of my contractions were ever felt at the top of my bump all of them were across the bottom, i finally relented and requested paracetamol and was given i codeine too. I was on continuous monitoring because i was a v-bac but was allowed you use a birthing ball and move around the side of the bed. So that's what i did for a while. After another 2-3 hours and more intense contractions i was checked again and was found to still only be 5 cm :( So opted for a shot of pethidine and to use the gas and air. After around another 2 hours i was checked and still sat at 5 cm so was told the use of the hormone drip would help move things. By this point i was willing to try anything and so agreed to the drip but also requested the epidural. The epidural was fitted within in half hour and up went the drip, starting on very low dose of 0.5ml per hour. And was increased each half hour there after.

The epidural and drip were up by 7.45pm, i remember this time as i looked at the clock thinking 'jeez how much longer!' Lol. The pressure in my bum kept growing and growing, and the midwife said we'd have a baby by around midnight if it kept progressing well. Well by 10pm i had so much pressure i was beginning to bare down without realising. The midwife was brilliant and told me to carry on doing little pushes as it would encourage baby to come down further, thinking i was still a little way off. She soon got a shock when she checked me and i was 10cm and could see the head when contracting! She had me on my side, leg in the air against her side and with each contraction i was encouraged to push. By this point i was terrified and kept saying i couldn't do it. Both OH and midwife were telling me i could and i was, but i just didnt believe them lol. By the third push my body took over and continued to birth my baby without any say from me so i had no choice but to roll with it, another odd feeling i will never forget! After 3 good pushes head was out and quickly followed by his body :-D Was pushing for a grand total of 20 odd minutes.

Midwife said it was a text book labour and done beautifully, which considering my last was a section, i'm very proud to say i did it the old fashion way lol Suffered only minor grazes no treatment needed.

Was left to have skin to skin with baby and 3 hours later i was up and in the bath! :) lol. I have to say without the epidural i honestly think my labour would have gone on for hours. I really do think it allowed me to relax enough to dilate those last few cm, but that's just personal experience, i loved my epidural lol hahaha

So there you have it, fairly straight forward, easy labour.

Oh and his name is....Harrison Richard Graham Gray, born saturday 1st June at 10.26pm, weighing 8lb 7oz (not nearly as big as i thought he was going to be lol).

x x x x x

Awwww Congrats hun xxxx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Huge congratulations! He is simply gorgeous xx

Congrats he is beautiful & a lovely labour story too :) x

Ohhhh emma he is blooody scrummy :D congratulations again huni xxxx

Congratulations again Emma hes adorable xx

Emma congrats he a cutie making me even more broody xxx

He's gorgeous Emma! Congrats xxx

Arr massive congratulations hes gorgeous xx

Aww mega congrats Emma! enjoyed reading your birth story. Harrison is gorgeous xxxx

I'm so happy for you Emma! reading this and seeing his photos brought tears to my eyes - he's such a gorgeous young man isn't he :)

so glad you finally have you baby.

What a gorgeous baby you have ... totally delicious x

What a babe! Well done on your v-bac, you did brilliantly. I followed your labour thread eagerly! Congratulations again hun! Xxxx

Aww emma i so enjoyed reading this birth story!! :) congratulations and well done sweetie! He is beautiful! I also had the epi and drip when i didnt dilate! Loves xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back