Eeek appointment has come through!!

TINKS82

Reaction score
I have an appointment with the fertility clinic through the post this morning. I thought it would be months but it's the 28th nov!!! Scared, excited and don't know what to expect on first appointment??? Xx

Ooh great news, best of luck :) sorry icant remember our first appt very well now... Lots of questions, just like our GP had asked.
Hope all goes well xx

Congrats Tinks :)

Not far off at all :good:

It was quite a relaxed conversation just summising the results we'd had and how we would move forward, you'll be fine :)

So do they do any tests? It says in letter to make sure I have had day 1-3 bloods etc which I have & hubby has had sperm done in sept only thing I am due is a smear & they want clamydia test done so I guess I can ask for that at same time. I am just a bit apprehensive about what they will say next step is & how long the wait will be etc, totally clueless with how infertility clinics work Xx

Last edited:
Oh well, you'll be best getting your chlamydia smear done asap in advance of your appointment because anything you haven't had done by the time you get to this apointment will delay you a LOT.

In my area the standard was 3 months between each appointment with the fertility consultant, no matter what we was waiting for.

Also, i'd be tempted to get a second sperm test done too but it needs to be 8 weeks since the previous one.

Talk to your GP about it.

It was about 6 months from my first consultation to getting IVF, but i got some tests done privately to save time and i also queue jumped.

It would have been more like a year otherwise.

That's only about 6 weeks away tinks, good news it's so soon! xxx

I've got my apointment on the 3rd. Well let you know what was says at that to help you prepare

Thanks scotch, urs is even sooner than mine! Exciting stuff. Xx

Hiya hun we had our first appointment last week. I had a smear to rule out any infections, also had 21 day bloods done (had that today) Got to go for a hycosy scan and OH has to do a sample. It was a pretty relaed conversation where she got to know us and she talked in depth about my cycles, checked our health and whether we drink or smoke. We are booked in again for jan so we have time to get all scans and everything done and all the results can come back. Good luck - i'm sure you will be fine xxxx

Hiya nicky, I have been for all those tests & been told to take results with us. Hopefully we don't have to do them all again. Thanks for the advice Hun. Xx

My first appt I was weighed, he already had all my test reults from GP so we ran through them, and then he told me what my treatment options were.

I was given clomid on my first appt so there is a good chance that could happen to you.

I was a nervous wreck when I went but told myself that they are there to help.

I hope your appt comes round quickly xxx

Thanks vicky that sounds promising I hope it will be as proactive as urs as I am impatient :) I really hope it comes round quick too, but the other part of me doesn't as I have to have an interview to go for my own job around the same time so I am scared I am going to be made redundant. Xx

I was made redundant in Feb it was scary but also a blessing in disguise as I would of had to take so much time off for appts, tests etc ... Plus I hated my job so its one less stressful thing in my life.

I hope you get a really nice fertility doctor who fast tracks you to start treatment xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back