EDD vs AUA?

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hi guys I happen to be looking through my paper work as u do and noticed that on my private scan at 24 + 5 it says that my edd is 17/07/11 but my AUA is 11/07/11?
I've googled it and it seems that AUA is done by size of the baby at scan I think so he could just be a bit big? Midwife said I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead?! Or could he come early? Anyone else heard of this or experience of it? Thanks x

Not got much advice hun but I'd wondered the same thing cause my notes have AUA 4th July and EDD 12th July. When I asked My MW about it she said that it could just be when I had the scan that they put down 'AUA 4th July' baby could have just had a growth spurt around that time and was maybe measuring a bit bigger than average.. Could be the same thing with you? She said it doesn't effect things and your date to go by is still your EDD.

At my growth scan last week baby is measuring small-ish :???: so god knows lol! I suppose they will come when their ready :) xxx

Last edited:
I really don't know hun, i would go off EDD... why not ask your midwife next time you see her. xxx

On my 4d scan my aua is 19/7/11 2 days behind my edd - not sure what it means? Hope it doesn't mean I'll be going overdue :(

on my notes for my 12 week scan it has AUA 4th August and EDD 7th August, when i spoke to my midwife at 16 weeks (a different midwife to the one that has done all my other appointments) she said she would go by the AUA as it was at 12 weeks, and that would be my new due date . . . so when my other midwife said my due date hadn't changed she said they will only "officially" change it at 12weeks and if its over or under from dates by 2 weeks!

so i'd say that unless its at 12 week scan it wouldn't change your due date and that it is more than likely a growth spurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back