due january 2014 :) buddies wanted!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this and really wanted people to chat to who are going through a similar experience/s to me seeing as I haven't told any of my friends (who have had babies).

I found out 10 days ago that I was around 5-6 weeks pregnant. Yay as I'm getting on a bit, I was 38 a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I couldn't remember the first date of my last period which didn't help the doc when trying to work out how pregnant I was.

I'm hoping that my first scan - not due til early July will be able to give me a more accurate idea!? Does anyone know if that's right? Doc has EDD as 18th Jan but said that it's a guess.

I've had pretty bad cramps since before I found out (originally assumed period pains!)

They come and go, sometimes so bad - like last night where I'm doubled over in pain for about 20 mins. I think that they seem to get worse if I eat certain things eg yesterday it seemed to be chocolate! A couple of nights earlier it was fried food. I'm hoping they're nothing to worry about, there's no bleeding so I think not. I feel very bloated and symptoms sound like I'm also constipated, not something I've really had before.

Does anyone know how long these cramps can last? Please don't say 9 months!!

Also suffering from bad sleep - only had a few hours sleep a night for the past week. I think that's more because of the cramps which do seem to be worse at night though.

So just thought I'd introduce myself, say hello and thank you in advance for being there as a sounding board and agony aunt during this exciting and scary time! I hope I can help others too with my experiences and advice as the pregnancy progresses.

x

Hi all, I've just found out! Due on the 2nd jan :) quite anxious to get to the first scan!

Hi beanie does the cramping feel like period pains or more of a pinching feeling? The pinching is normal from what ive read. Ive had agonising pains and cramping everyday but due to constipation gah! Lol. Youre due a day after me :D

Hi beanie does the cramping feel like period pains or more of a pinching feeling? The pinching is normal from what ive read. Ive had agonising pains and cramping everyday but due to constipation gah! Lol. Youre due a day after me :D

Hey nicci,

cramps feel like cross between bad period pains and constipation/trapped wind! nice!

Just had letter from hospital and first scan not due til 8th July, that just seems ages away. When is yours? x

Hey nicci,

cramps feel like cross between bad period pains and constipation/trapped wind! nice!

Just had letter from hospital and first scan not due til 8th July, that just seems ages away. When is yours? x

Theres bit of confusion bout my dates as i didnt have what ide call a period after my last official period just brown spotting, i had a doc appointment on the 14th to confirm pregnancyand had first appointment with the midwife wednesday just gone and she said scan will be sent in post for approx 3 weeks time! We are thinking of paying for private scan as the not knowing exactly how far we are is killing us lol. My app puts me at 6weeks today but theres possibility im further on. X

Hi Everyone,

I found out 10 days ago that I was around 5-6 weeks pregnant. Yay as I'm getting on a bit, I was 38 a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I couldn't remember the first date of my last period which didn't help the doc when trying to work out how pregnant I was.

x

Yay for the 38 year olds! I am also 38 was worried at first about being such an oldie! Can't stop thinking bout how I will feel in the school playground when I am in my mid forties!

Anyway I haven't had any cramps so can't help you there, sorry! But would be interested in comparing notes through pregnancies!

Hey nicci,

Theres bit of confusion bout my dates as i didnt have what ide call a period after my last official period just brown spotting, i had a doc appointment on the 14th to confirm pregnancyand had first appointment with the midwife wednesday just gone and she said scan will be sent in post for approx 3 weeks time! We are thinking of paying for private scan as the not knowing exactly how far we are is killing us lol. My app puts me at 6weeks today but theres possibility im further on. X

Maybe I'll look into a private scan - I'm so impatient! x

Hi Everyone,

x

Yay for the 38 year olds! I am also 38 was worried at first about being such an oldie! Can't stop thinking bout how I will feel in the school playground when I am in my mid forties!

Anyway I haven't had any cramps so can't help you there, sorry! But would be interested in comparing notes through pregnancies!

I know, scary isn't it! As long as we feel young.....! Definitely up for comparing notes. Glad you haven't had any cramps, they're a bit annoying. I can always feel crampy sort of 'stretchy' feeling in my tummy. Doc says normal so not concerned. Just want to get to the scan ok. Long wait though - 8th July. Have you had any symptoms at all? My sisters friend is 13 weeks and said that she didn't even feel pregnant in any way, in fact she said she only believed she was when she had the scan to prove it. x

I'm apparently due January 12th. Was 3 Weeks early the last time!

Hi Everyone,

x

I know, scary isn't it! As long as we feel young.....! Definitely up for comparing notes. Glad you haven't had any cramps, they're a bit annoying. I can always feel crampy sort of 'stretchy' feeling in my tummy. Doc says normal so not concerned. Just want to get to the scan ok. Long wait though - 8th July. Have you had any symptoms at all? My sisters friend is 13 weeks and said that she didn't even feel pregnant in any way, in fact she said she only believed she was when she had the scan to prove it. x

I was 41 when I found out I was pregnant and 42 when I had a C section. Now pregnant with my 2nd at 43 and will be 44 when I have LO!! This means you're both very young!

I know, scary isn't it! As long as we feel young.....! Definitely up for comparing notes. Glad you haven't had any cramps, they're a bit annoying. I can always feel crampy sort of 'stretchy' feeling in my tummy. Doc says normal so not concerned. Just want to get to the scan ok. Long wait though - 8th July. Have you had any symptoms at all? My sisters friend is 13 weeks and said that she didn't even feel pregnant in any way, in fact she said she only believed she was when she had the scan to prove it. x[/QUOTE]

I personally still feel young in mind, although I have noticed some smile lines coming!
After my mmc in Dec I have been pretty twitchy and analysing my symptoms daily! I am nauseous most of the day and sick morning and evening, back ache, mahoosive boobs of course which I would love of they didn't hurt so much, plenty of bloating! I have had pains and soreness in my abdomen, wouldn't say cramps though. I had an early scan a week and a half ago because I lost some blood, all was well then, hb and good blood flow.

I was 41 when I found out I was pregnant and 42 when I had a C section. Now pregnant with my 2nd at 43 and will be 44 when I have LO!! This means you're both very young![/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm........42 with your first, that means I have time to fit in another! :)

I personally still feel young in mind, although I have noticed some smile lines coming!
After my mmc in Dec I have been pretty twitchy and analysing my symptoms daily! I am nauseous most of the day and sick morning and evening, back ache, mahoosive boobs of course which I would love of they didn't hurt so much, plenty of bloating! I have had pains and soreness in my abdomen, wouldn't say cramps though. I had an early scan a week and a half ago because I lost some blood, all was well then, hb and good blood flow.

I was 41 when I found out I was pregnant and 42 when I had a C section. Now pregnant with my 2nd at 43 and will be 44 when I have LO!! This means you're both very young![/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm........42 with your first, that means I have time to fit in another! :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely, that's so encouraging. Isn't it strange how we all have such different symptoms. I feel for you with the sickness. I don't really seem to suffer from that - I start to feel a little nauseaus but then eat and it goes away. I'm prepared for it to start sometime though - stocked up on ginger biscuits and tea!

I'm due 21st January according to an online calculator. Oh and I'm 39 and this is my first. Haven't got a clue what I should be doing!

Last edited:
I'm due 2nd Jan, but by my calculations (going off cbfm) I think I will be re-dated to 7th Jan xx

Omg I am such an idiot, of the highest order! Have been saying for the last few weeks I am 38............just to update you whilst I was renewing my car insurance I was reminded I was 37! Baby brain or what! That's what old people do isn't.......forget how old they are! :confused::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back