Due Date !! And......

KirstyR

Reaction score
Still nothing :(

Should I be worried about the lack of movement today? Have seen and felt small movements but not as often as normal ? Had what feels like stabbing down below which makes me think she's pushing her head down,

Is it normal for movements to really slow down at this stage ? Could she saving her energy, I worry she's not got any space left? Apparently my consultant is expecting her to be 9.5lb at 40 weeks !

Xxxxx

It's quite normal for movements to slow up a little towards the end of the pregnancy due to the restriction on space in there! I remember with my DD going in at approx 38 weeks worried with lessened movements, but after hours on a trace I was told she was virtually hyperactive & I had nothing to worry about! (She must have been super hyperactive before that then!)
I say go with your gut feeling, if you're really worried then go and get checked out. But take into account that it can be very normal to feel less movements than in previous weeks.
Good luck. I hope you get some action soon! x

Happy due date hun! :) Hope things get moving soon x x

Well called the MAU and they said if your concerned to go in to be monitored which I did, she was moving normal on the way up and once on the machine was moving quite regular had a sleep aswel! Was on the monitor for about an hour or so and whilst being there started having regular tightenings !! Starting to feel lower Back ache and my stomach becoming harder, 1:2 of 10 apparently ? The tightenings are mild but I can feel them so thingers crossed this could be the start of things !! :D x x

I think 1:2 of 10 means you're having 1 or 2 contractions in 10 minutes, but don't quote me on it lol. Really hope thie is the beginning hun x x

Hope this is the start of something for you hun xx

Thanks ladies i will update you as much as I can, I don't have a bump buddy, contractions are still going slighty shorter like 1 ever 5 minute but the pains bare able! Fed like it's in my back alot ? X xx

Hi ladies,

So I posted earlier about it being my due date and still nothing....well things have changed slightly! Went up to the hospital earlier to check on LO as her movements had reduced alot today and wasn't as strong, the midwife (was lovely) told me baby was fine amongst everything else, and it was showing on the report regular tightenings every ten minutes or so.... I couldnt feel them at first I don't think but before I'd left id starting feeling them every ten minutes or so if not shorter, the pain feels mostly in my back and sometimes like a period pain, but nothing string yet, lost some water too which is a good sign, I just hope they get stronger and more frequent, well since writing this iv had 2 contractions/tightenings and my mum is timing them, other half is rather excited !! So wish me luck this time tomorrow if not earlier I could be in full blown labour, oh and my midwife is due to call tomorrow to do a sweep :D xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back