31 weeks - baby's movements slowing down?

MrsGrant

Reaction score
I'm 31 weeks tomorrow.
The past couple of days I haven't been feeling her move much at all.
I get the odd movement now and then, but it's hardly anything compared to what she used to be like.
I went in and was monitored on Friday and everything was spot on.
I'm not worried providing it's normal for movements to start slowing down at this point, I mean, she's getting bigger and more crowded in there right?
Please let me know if you have had the same as me around this time.
Thanks!

Yip same here. Still moving but not as much as previously. Read this morning though that this is perfectly normal as baby has less room to move about now. :)

Thanks hun!
I feel better if it's normal, feel daft going down to the ADU every few days...

same here hunni but keep an eye on the movements if they are less than 10 a day go see your midwife x x x

I had the exact same thing. The movements really slowed down between 31/32 weeks, but they've picked up again this week. I think they have a growth spurt around that time, so it must have tired them out lol xx

i get more shuffling around now x

I haven't really had this, but my baby is quite small so maybe they still have lots of room to move. Plus, baby has always been very active. I am waiting for the movements to slow down! I still get kicks but also a lot of squirming! x

I'm 35 weeks and the movements have changed massively. Sometime I panic thinking I've not felt him move then he makes a huge movement and it's fine. You only need to worry if they don't move for a whole day, I wouldn't say I feel more than ten movements a day or am aware of it all the time but when they get bigger you can feel legs etc and feet under your ribs!! I think I can also tell when he sleeps- bear in mind they are growing hugely every week just now so they will sleep more! Xx

I get more wriggles now than actual movements!!

I am poorly at the moment so I think that has slowed him down as well.

I went and got riven monitored at 31 weeks because he did the same stopped moving!! and then we got there and he started playing football with the monitor :)

I know sometimes when I'm distracted with work or something I think he hasn't been moving but just think it hasn't registered with me cos I'm busy doing other things! Xx

We are having our first slow day today! Its really quite worrying. I am at work though and maybe havent registered the movements baby has made. I'll go home early today and lie on couch and see if i can poke and prod it into action. If nothing happens I'll phone the midwife unit. I'm sure everything is fine but its strange to have no noticebale movements when recently its been doing disco dancing in there!!

Reading this thread has made me feel so much better as my LO has been quieter than usual for the past 2 days, i've had movements but not as big or for as long as she usual is! My friend did tell me to expect a change in movements around this time, i guess maybe she was right!

xx

Update- had a glass of pepsi and the disco dancing has picked up a bit!! Phew!!

I still get this some days where hes still pretty active but not as active as some days. might be cos baby is facing your back? or maybe when shes having growth spurt? x

Another update! Couldn't settle cos movements weren't enough like what I've been having recently. So phoned midwife unit and went up for a wee half hour on monitor before they closed. All is well. They were happy with readings and just said baby has maybe moved and that's why I couldn't feel the kicks as strongly. But the print out didn't lie- it showed strong heart beat and recorded far more movents than what I could feel. The midwives were really nice and I didn't feel like I was wasting their time at all. They said I should have 10 movements a day and if I'm worried I'm to call back.

I get more wriggles now than actual movements!!

I am poorly at the moment so I think that has slowed him down as well.

I went and got riven monitored at 31 weeks because he did the same stopped moving!! and then we got there and he started playing football with the monitor :)

That's a good point I've been ill to lately xx

I went in again today, and because it was my 3rd episode of reduced movements they sent me for a scan.

Baby is fine, head down and back to back (plus anterior placenta = hardly feel moves!)
Growing just fine, estimated current weight is 3lb 9oz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back