MW - 28w Appt - Trace of protein (and worrying - for nothing...?!)

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
She assures me it's nothing to worry about so I'm trying not too... and according to trusty old Google, it is very common - ladies, is this true? Reassure me please!

Everything else fine - I said I'd had bad tummy pains and a v. sensitive stomach and she said I'd been the third person to tell her that today! She said she's not sure what it is but to keep an eye out... V.strange but am reassured (even though I don't know what it is) that I'm not the only one, if that makes sense...!

Blood pressure fine, blood taken and baby is head down apparently :) I was worried as it felt like baby did a somersault - literally I'm sure I felt her roll 360 degrees on Sat night and since then, whilst she'd been moving, her movements felt lighter; I'm used to being bashed around a bit! MW had a feel and said all is fine and everything is measuring as it should be for 28w :) Heard heartbeat too which she said is all good... Don't know why I'm worrying myself so much? Anyone else feeling a bit anxious at the mo? Wondering if it's my hormones...

Also, at this point is movement meant to decrease, or is that not for another few weeks? I don't want to be getting myself in a tizz if baby is going to start to get comfy head down now but you know when you get used to their pattern/movements etc? Someone tell me I'm being daft please :wall2:

xx

The trace of protein in your urine is quite common. I had it three appointments in a row and with higher blood pressure and it was fine. Its only if they find large amounts in your urine that they can be concerned so don't worry. If you get bad swelling along with severe headaches then call your mw though.
As for the movements, movements have only started to decrease for me over the last week or so but I do still feel him moving about. The movements just begin to feel different as they run out of room. X

The trace of protein in your urine is quite common. I had it three appointments in a row and with higher blood pressure and it was fine. Its only if they find large amounts in your urine that they can be concerned so don't worry. If you get bad swelling along with severe headaches then call your mw though.
As for the movements, movements have only started to decrease for me over the last week or so but I do still feel him moving about. The movements just begin to feel different as they run out of room. X

Thanks :) It might be that the movements feel different as I'm normally getting booted in the lower tummy or in my pelvic bone but if the head is down then I guess the kicks will be higher (until baby decides to move again!) x

Low and behold I think baby has moved already! She's been super wriggly again this eve so I feel much happier now :) So much worry this preggo lark...x

I have had protein in my urine at probably more appointments than its been clear. My midwife said to me to wipe before i pee, then pee a little bit and then the rest in the pot as we are pregnant and have increased discharge some might get into it which causes the protein to show up. Also my movements changed too, think its because she was getting bigger. Was no longer feeling kicks, just her moving now and again. xxx

Last edited:
I have had protein in my urine at probably more appointments than its been clear. My midwife said to me to wipe before i pee, then pee a little bit and then the rest in the pot as we are pregnant and have increased discharge some might get into it which causes the protein to show up. Also my movements changed too, think its because she was getting bigger. Was no longer feeling kicks, just her moving now and again. xxx

Ahhh, thanks Shauna :) x

I think I felt the baby have hiccups this morning, lots of teeny little juds in a row - cute! Baby is def more wriggly now so am a happy Mummy to be! How you feeling Shauna? Not long now Hun - you're my marker, no pressure but when you have your little princess that's when I'm gonna start packing my bag, finishing nursery, washing all the clothes hehe! X

I think I felt the baby have hiccups this morning, lots of teeny little juds in a row - cute! Baby is def more wriggly now so am a happy Mummy to be! How you feeling Shauna? Not long now Hun - you're my marker, no pressure but when you have your little princess that's when I'm gonna start packing my bag, finishing nursery, washing all the clothes hehe! X

Awww cute isn't it :) you feeling better then?
I am ok just a bit fed up of being pregnant lol! Can't wait til its over with and i get to meet my little girl!
Haha no pressure :oooo: I hope its not long. Its started to drag now after flying in since day 1! xxx

Awww cute isn't it :) you feeling better then?
I am ok just a bit fed up of being pregnant lol! Can't wait til its over with and i get to meet my little girl!
Haha no pressure :oooo: I hope its not long. Its started to drag now after flying in since day 1! xxx

Yeah I am, think sometimes it all gets a bit scary & worrying doesn't it? Baby has been v.active today so I need to learn to chill more!
I bet you can't wait now, any idea if you're going to pop early? Are you on the raspberry leaf tea yet?
Yes - no pressure, hehe! It's just at that point I'll be 31/32 weeks and that seems a less scary time to sort out all the clothes and stuff. I've been really superstitious about keeping everything in the order it came in and not really putting it away properly if that makes sense - at 32 weeks I hope I feel happier about doing it! :roll: x

Yeah definitely scariest thing ever! Well i thought i was gonna go early but now i am thinking i won't :( not started on the raspberry tea leaf... what exactly does it do lol? I need to do something, need to feel like i am helping labour along. I really really really don't want to go overdue! Do you have a feeling whether you will go early or late? Yeah i never started packing til the other week... after 30 week i felt more comfortable doing it. xxx

I think raspberry leaf tea is meant to strengthen the uterus or something like that? I know a couple of the girls on here have been taking it from about 36w - give it a go if you want to speed it up!

I'll prob be late - I was 2 weeks late so I don't see why my LO will come early...! Would be nice if they did though, just a week early would be nice :) x

Oh i maybe will have to get some then next time i am in town! Maybe have a look online see if there cheap. Yeah wouldn't it be nice even a week lol! Ah who knows when they will make an appearance... dreading going into labour and how i will handle it though. I hate hospitals too. I am such a wimp. xxx

Oh i maybe will have to get some then next time i am in town! Maybe have a look online see if there cheap. Yeah wouldn't it be nice even a week lol! Ah who knows when they will make an appearance... dreading going into labour and how i will handle it though. I hate hospitals too. I am such a wimp. xxx

You will be fine! And it'll be over for you know it and you're little princess will be here :)

Do you know if baby is engaged at all? x

Ah hopefully! She is 3/5 palable still... same as last week. Got a feeling so don't want to come now lol! I am getting so impatient its unbelievable. I am 37 week on friday so then is the time to try get her out lol. Hope she bes a good girl!!! How are you feeling? xxx

Wow so it could be in the next week or 2 if she's 3/5's - v.exciting!
I'm good, tired, sciatica is sore & I'm limping like an old woman! Other than that all good x

Ive had protein at most of my check ups, it was because I was dehydrated from being so sick, stress can also cause it they said dont worry hunni x

Last edited:
Wow so it could be in the next week or 2 if she's 3/5's - v.exciting!
I'm good, tired, sciatica is sore & I'm limping like an old woman! Other than that all good x

Ouch, all this pain will be worth it though eh :)
I am full term tomorrow :D :D :D so hope its after the weekend because my mam is at work and my dad fishing saturday... so she can come anytime after then lol. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back