32 weeks and anterior placenta

Shaprice

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have joined this forum as my Sister is expecting her first baby (she is almost 32 weeks) and I am here to ask some questions on her behalf.
I have 2 sons myself (aged 9 and 11) but the worries my Sister is experiencing during her pregnancy are nothing I ever came across.
She has an anterior placenta which was pointed out to her very early on in the pregnancy at her first scan. She was told that due to this she wouldn't feel the baby moving until much later as the placenta would cushion the baby's movements..
That was indeed true as she didn't feel the first movements until she was nearer 28 weeks.
The problem is that she still doesn't feel the baby much. I know that the baby has limited room to move about now (and is head down) but she rarely feels him moving at all.
Some days she feels a little movement if she lies down on her side but she hasn't felt anything since lunchtime yesterday.
Every time she gets really worried she goes to the doctor, they listen for the baby's heartbeat and everything is fine. She has had extra scans due to this worry and, again, everything is fine.
She is booked in to see the doctor again later today as she hasn't felt anything for a while. I'm sure all will be well but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?
I have researched anterior placenta on the net and other mums have spoken about this problem - I just want to be able to reassure my Sister as she is 10 years younger than me, we have lost both our parents and I am the only support she has.
Many thanks in advance
Sharon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27