dr's tomorrow

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
just to let them no that im pg and get a huge list of things folic acid, nicotine patches, paracetamol
am quite annoyed that i cant start the patches till sat though as meeting sister for lunch on friday and she will quizz me about not smoking nomore and shes got a huge mouth and everyone will no within 5 mins lol.
should get a call from midwife quite soon after and a scan within a couple of weeks with any luck
manda x

I found going to the doctors really exciting even though he didn't really do anything. It helped to make it feel more real, and that things were starting to happen. Hope it all goes well :D

i also found going to doctors to be really fun, here in the states they give you a huge diaperbag FULL of stuff, like pregnancy magazines, a book on 3d pictures of how baby grows inside of you month by month, diapers formula, DHA supplements for use while pregnant, you name it its in there..too cool :)

Good luck :)

I really should book my appointment, I keep forgetting. :?

Good luck! I'm going today too. 5.20pm. OH keeps fussing saying am I sure I don't want him there :lol:

lol my hubby has been told no to coming no need for him am only going to be there 10 mins then ive got to tell my father
manda x

If it was me, I would definitely give up smoking now. The baby is at it's most vulnerable in teh early stages. Just tell her your giving up, lots of people are nowadays with the ban.

K.xx

i was thinking that will start wioth the patches tomorrow dont really think starting half way threw a day of smoking will work lol
i dont smoke much only 5-10 a day so shouldnt be to hard to do it :D
dad is picking me up at halff 12 nearly told him on the phone i just wanna tell everyone but im not going to this time no-one apart from my mum and dad and best friend as i can trust them not to tell anyone
my older sister lastime broudcasted it to the whole town where she lives :shock: :shock:
manda x

I quit smoking as soon as I realized I was preggers. Wow, has it been hard. :rotfl:

Hope the best for you on that one.

lol i should of done it lastime i no but being pregnant really hit me for 6 and i was having a rough patch with the wedding coming up and everything. this time its going to be very different nothing to do all day (unless i get the job im going for) so i can be relax and not think about having a ciggie :D
manda x

Yeah, it can be super tough... but it's so worth it!
I know as soon as I give birth, Í'm gonna want one last cigarette.
Oh how I miss them. I used to smoke a pack a day.

lol sounds like you could do with them all the time hehehe. hubby promised hes not going to smoke around me either and when the baby comes hes even thinking about giving up he wants to see how hard it is for me first so i have to be strong :D
manda x

I'm with you on the smoking thing it is so hard to stop. I've found that i feel really nauseous all the time now and the thought of havin a ciggy makes me feel like :puke:
i asked my GP about patches and she said the lowest strength ones are equivalent to smoking 10 a day so if you smoke less than that they are not worth using

Good luck x

Its so important to quit smoking when pregnant. I smoked when pregnant with James. I was under a lot of stress during the pregnancy with OH dumping me cos I wouldn't have an abortion, being homeless and having to move hundreds of miles back home to live with my parents. I know thats not really an excuse for it, but it did make it very hard.
In the end James was born weighing only 5lb 15oz and had breathing difficulties after birth. Luckily now he's totally fine with no long term effects, but I still feel so guilty for smoking. I was so lucky not to lose him. It was really selfish of me and I wish I could turn the clock back.
I know it often seems that loads of women and their babies get away with it, but there will always be a baby who will suffer the consequences.
I feel so embarrased admitting to this because I do feel so ashamed but I think it's important people know the damage it can do.
My niece who is 23 weeks pregnant and facing the prospect of having a C-section next week because her baby isn't growing as well as it should, is a smoker. I had hoped she would have learnt from my mistake :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back