am in bits right now

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
am sat here crying my eyes out
when i found out i was preg 4 weeks ago i went to my dr's and was told i would get an early scan within a week, a week passes and nothing so me and hubby fone up local ultrascan dept to be told they wont give me a scan till ive seen midwife we told them that the superintendent told us that we would get early scan as had missed miscarrage last time
we were then told to get hold of her and speak to her we did that she said speak to the epu dept we did that they said they need referal from midwife or dr
i dont have a midwife not even heard from one
i go to the dr's on the 7th 10 days ago to find out while i still havant been given anything she said she will put the referal threw that day for me and il hear something in 3 days monday comes and goes nothing i thought il give it a week as postie is rubbish nothing
so ive just foned the epu to be told i wont be going to them as im not bleeding :shock: fone imiging dept finaly got threw to them to be told my dr's is dealing with it im being refered to some other place i have no idea where or what it is
and im just in bits why cant some-one just give me a scan to make sure my baby is ok
seems like they really dont give to sh*ts about me
manda xx

just to note i was origanaly given a scan for the 19th of sep when i was 5 weeks pg and foned to say i needed an earlier one thats how all this started

oh sweetie thats sh*i try not to get to stressed out keep pushing them stamp your feet make them listen!!

im not going to fone the dr's i cant i really cant calm down and hubby is at work till 4 will get him to go to the dr's for me though when he gets home got so much to do today and now i just wanna go back to bed. im thinking about going private now i no bupa does scans but cant find a price list for them anyone no how much they are?
manda xx

ol.. sorry but i didnt understand a word of what u wrote mand.. ring ur dr and ask whats going on..

I don't know the prices for the private scans but that is disgusting that you have been treated like that. I would get back in touch with the midwife and let her know all of this and ask her personally to sort it out, let her know how stressed and upset you are about it and she should do something as it isn't any good for you or the baby :hug:

If you go private, you will get everything you need but going via NHS, you will be lucky to get more scans than you 12th week and 5th month. At 4-6 weeka, your baby is basically a blob and they doctor won't be able to see if anything is wrong to be honest.

Most women have to wait till their 12th week, when on NHS, go private I would suggest

manda i am so sorry to hear you so upset please dont let them get to you, stressing is going to do you no good. Can you drive yourself to your doctors or the early unit today? I would go down there and wait for someone to sort it out. It is ridiculas that they have got you in this state. You need to demand to see a midwife and tell them how upset this is making you. Dont put up with there crap.

Bupa dont deal with anything maternity wise - I rang them and asked. Where are you based?

You can have a scan done at Harley Street (london) but its about £150 which is for the 12 week scan.

I hope this gets sorted out for you soon.

Aww, hun try not to let this get to you. Try and focus on what's best for the baby, and at the moment that means trying to keep yourself calm and well.

I can completely understand your anxiety bearing in mind what you went through last time, so perhaps a private scan will put your mind at rest.

I think you live down south so I can recommend a really great scanning place in Fareham, Hampshire. The link is http://www.firstviewimaging.co.uk/index.htm

They do a dating scan for £50, you get lots of pictures and a CD with videos.

Try to keep calm and I hope you feel better soon x

thanks all no i dont drive the epu is only a 40 min walk from my house but i realy am to upset to go anywhere just been sat on the sofa watching forest gump lol
i no that place in fareham its a short distance from me and the bupa unit by my dads does the scans dont no if its a special one then i think it comes under emsworth or could be denvilles not sure on what area it would be
just trying to calm down at the moment may text my mother see if she is off work and if she wants to come to the doctors with me
will keep you all updated on what i do
thanks all again
manda xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I think you need a midwife to get anything done, maybe go back to the doctor and explain how stressed your feeling. Ask him for the midwives number. I hope you get a scan soon

Theres a bupa clinic in Pentwyn, Cardiff and i just rang myself and booked in for Nuchal fold scan and tests...will cost £180 but worth it i think? PM me if u want address / phone no etc :hug:

right have made a small amount of progress hubby came home early
he went to the doctors and told them he wasnt leaving untill he saw my doctor (i dint feel up to going) he see her and she said as far as she new the scan had been booked for me he explained everything to her and she was shocked to say the least she told him to come home and she will fone us after she has spoke to the mat hospital.
she fones us back and says she cant do anything as she as a doctor has no power :? :? and the staff will only deal with a midwife so the doctor has contacted a local midwife to ring me tonight or tomorrow to try and sort out a scan for me
so to sum it up it has taken 3 weeks of being passed from piller to bleeding post just to see if my baby is ok
hubby says they have till friday then we are going private even though money will be tight
also talked about it and i will be having a home birth as if they cant sort out a scan how can i trust them to sort out my delivery
im alot calmer now thanks ladies for all the help and advice it has all been taken in and hopefully by friday i will of seen my baby finaly :D
manda xx

I am glad you are feeling a bit calmer now, it sounds like you've had a terrible time. I really don't think health professionals appreciate how stressful it is to not know how your pregnancy is progressing, especially if you've lost a baby before.
I hope she rings you tomorrow with a date. I am thinking of you sweetie. :hug: :hug:

Manda, I know it wouldn't be as good as a scan but you could ask your doc to do a blood test (twice 2 or 3 days apart) to check your hormones are still doubling. It's often just as reliable as a scan to check things are going well and is sometimes used on top of a scan when the scan results aren't that clear.

The doctors can RARELY MAKE hospitals do what they want them to but they CAN give you the blood tests so I think you would have a much better chance of success.

I didn't post about it because I felt so silly but I got a blood test done in my 8th week because I was so worried due to no sickness and suddenly not feeling pregnant! It came back with good results and REALLY did help put my mind at rest. Sure enough the 12 week scan confirmed the same thing - a healthy bub.

I was also told that some women in our area had bleeding and pain but they STILL couldn't get them in for a scan in the same week!! I don't think the GP's like it the way it is - I don't think anyone does but while we all would rather have flat screen TV's than pay more tax it ain't going to change in a hurry.

hi hun do u have a scan booked for the 19th of sept then or not? when i had a missed miscarriage they wouldnt scan me any earlier than 9 weeks either and i had a scan at 9 weeks and 4 days which if you have a scan on 19th sounds about right becus there is not much they can tell before then. i also got a second scan at 12 weeks and 4 days but only cus i faught for one cus they didnt want to giv me a 12 week one becus i had an early scan!!!
i hope you get a scan soon as i know how worrying a pregnancy can be when a mc was experienced beforehand.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

hiya all no the 19th sep scan got cancelled when i phoned up but the staff dont know why.
ooo the blood test sounds a great idea i wasnt aware that was able to be done :D hubby says that would be better then nothing
much much calmer now although stuffing ice-cream and watching hollyoaks does calm me alot hehe
manda xx

I was wondering if your dh's health insurance from work will pay towards a private scan?

I hope you get your scan asap :pray:

he doesnt have health insurance im affriad i have life insurance but doesnt cover this :(
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back