driving with leah is driving me mad! - all done!

Kimbo

Reaction score
i dont know what to do.
ive fed her, changed her etc etc, shes happy as larry when i put her in her carseat but as soon as i go out of her view she screams until she can see me again.
she never cries, not even when shes hungry, and shes such a good baby, it's just driving is a nightmare because i cant go anywhere because she screams so much!
ill pull over and go open the car door to see her and she will smile..... so nothing is wrong with her... she just hates being on her own in the back of the car because she's fine if my mum's in there with her.

yesterday i was stuck on a carpark for 30minutes because i didnt dare set off, but then eventually i had to... and she screamed (proper crying with tears) for about 15 minutes.

im dreading going out in the car with her now. i have to go out tomorrow and tuesday with her...... quite far aswell.... as im papping it.
what should i do?? leave her to cry in the back? (theres nothing wrong with her or else i wouldnt leave her to cry obviously) but i hate going out anywhere now! help!!!

i don't drive yet (test tuesday) but i'm dreading this too.. ryan does the same thing i don't know why.. so to make sure I leave him in a happy mood before I go to work, I ride in the back with him as it would break my heart to go to work all day with the last sight of him being one where hes crying.. :hug:

Aaawwwwwwwww, I do think you've hit the nail on the head though with her not being able to see you and so she's upset at that :hug: :hug: :hug: I don't know what to suggest except lots of distraction/toys for her? Playing a song/nursery rhyme/white noise she likes? A car DVD player if you can afford it, I've heard of parents who've bought those to quieten unhappy babies :shock: Leave the window open a little too, fresh air on baby should help some. You could spend some time in the back seat with her when you're not going anywhere, just reading to her or playing, might help? Very best wishes, I hope she starts to like the car soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mine does this too. Drives me mad. She seems to hate the car seat and cries whether anyone is in the back with her or not. And she doesn't sleep much in the car either. At the moment she is still in a rear facing seat but tbh I am not sure it will get better when she has a forward facing one because I think she just wants to get out :(

:roll: I have the same problem with lil miss... when she's throwing a wobbly many a well meaning person has said... pop her in the car seat... take her for a drive... but it actually makes things 100 times worse... :roll: Can't put lil miss in the front as we have airbags and we don't have an argos for a mirror soooo psssf.... she has to cry.

We're flying over to England in June and have to drive from Luton down to Bournemouth with LO - really dreading that -she doesn't last more than 5 minutes without crying and trying to get out.

When do you put them in forward facing car seats? :think:

Just hijacked your thread Kim sorry.

you can take your car to the garage and have your airbag turned off anyways if you do have one. teds is in the front with me.. its easier.

Ellies the same, I had to sit in the back with her home from Blackpool on saturday :lol: You can have airbags turned off but becareful cos on some cars you can only have them all turned off.

When can you use front facing car seats?

Harry sits in the front, took mine to the garage and they turned the airbag off for me xx

He doesn't cry but can't have him in the back as Paris nips him.

Lily loves her carseat she is asleep by the time were off the drive and then shes out for the count.

Ive brought a combination car seat that turns into forward facing she can go face forward from 9 months / 20lb

how\ much does it cost to get your airbag disabled??
i thought it was illegal to do that :think:

they did mine for free and no it's not illegal to have that airbag turned off

Kim, what car have you got? As lots of them have got a switch somewhere inside so that you can switch it off yourself, for exactly this reason. Check your manual and it should tell you.

i just turn my airbag off with the ignition key, there is a switch at the side of the passanger door

Kim, I have just seen that you have a clio in your pushchair post - I am fairly sure you can turn it off yourself in them (you could in my megane)

just been on the clio website and it says it can be turned off with the ignition key

mary70 said:
just been on the clio website and it says it can be turned off with the ignition key

Yeah I think the Key is either when you open passanger door at the side where the glove box is or aorund the handbreak somewhere - have a scout around. Mind you depends on the Year as the older ones might not have them....what year is it hun?

jennywren said:
mary70 said:

Yeah I think the Key is either when you open passanger door at the side where the glove box is or aorund the handbreak somewhere - have a scout around. Mind you depends on the Year as the older ones might not have them....what year is it hun?

thans for your replies.. it's 1999

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back