Driving me mad!

mayday

Reaction score
For the past couple of nights (you know - the ones where we have woken up in a morning and found a hard frost outside!) my baby has been the wriggliest baby ever! As soon as you put her blankets over her she puts her legs straight up in the air and starts kicking at them until they are not covering her at all. She always starts the night in her cot whcih is beside our bed, and then at about 2-4am moves over and spends the rest of the night in with OH and I. She's been kicking the blankets off in bed with us, which hasn't thrilled OH as he has to get up at 6.30am to go to work, and therefore cherishes his every sleeping moment!

I am worried that she really ought to have the blankets over her. It's blinking freezing out and our house is 450yrs old and not the best insulated building ever. Her hands and feet are like little blocks of ice, but the back of her neck is warm enough. She screams the house down if I put her in a sleeping bag. Should I just let her get on with sleeping (she goes to sleep the minute she has every last bit of cover off her.) Or should I wrestle with her until I've got her pinned to the bed with blankets :lol: .

On a related subject - she has also taken to 'singing' at about 4 am. Methinks she will not be co-sleeping with us for much longer!

My boy wont sleep with covers or a gro bag. I got a sleepsuit from woolworths with the feet in them, its really fleecy and warm and seems to do the trick. Our house isnt particulary warm and you would think they would cotton on that its warmer under the covers but oh no.

We have a gro bag too, you can get them from tescos for a tenner and there really worth it I promise you and your baby will stay warm. I still chuck a blanket on my daughter too and shes very warm at night.

I was going to suggest a grobag but I see that you've already tried that. Oliver has slept in grobags for ages, but now he's rolling onto his tummy and wakes up in a right twist half the time :lol:

What about buying an oil heater with a thermostat? That way you could have it on its very lowest setting all through the night, but just warm enough to keep the chill out of the room for when your daughter has no covers on her. I've just bought a DeLonghi for the daytime - we spend most of our time in the conservatory during the day and it was getting just too cold lately, and the thermostat aspect of the heater is brilliant - keeps it just at the temperature we need.

On a sidenote, Oliver sings at night too, as well as blowing raspberries! Not sure what I can suggest about that though :think:

We've put bootees on Ryans feet the past few nights so his feet don't get too cold. I don't know if it benefits him much or if you're supposed to, but it makes me feel better when his feet are all warm when he wakes.

George has a vest, babygro and sleepbag thingy on as well as 2 thin blankets now. He's sleeping ok and, fortunately, doesn't wriggle too much.

When he was going through a fidgety phase my mum suggested pinning the blanket to the cot rails using a big baby nappy type safety pin. She said she used to do that when I was a baby coz I always kicked the blankets off too.

Hope this helps
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back