driving with leah is driving me mad! - all done!

I've turned my front passenger airbag off cos evie was doing the same thing as Leah. Now we both love driving places...she watches me and we chat and when her dodi drops out I can pop it back in!!

I just used my ignition key to turn mine off. The key thing was at the sideof the glove box but you have to open the door wide to see it
xx (My car is a Citroen but most cars have the key thing to turn it off yourself x)

hmmmm im gonna have to have a look around tomorrow in my car n see if i can figure it out!
driving to preston with her n im dreading it!!!

We have one of those mirrors and it's great for being able to see Luke in the back.

We were so hoping to be able to have him in the front with me when Matt wasn't there but the seatbelt is too short so he has to go in the back.

Our car has a passenger airbag but you can actually turn it on and off using the ignition key in a keyhole behind the handbrake.

Aww i sympathise kim we had this problem too! does you flamin nut in after a while!

Turn the air bag off and stick her in the front and you can coo and take the mickey out of her :D she will be a happy bubba!

Did you get your airbag sorted Kim - if not go here http://www.cliosport.net/ just register and try search if cant find anything ask them - these folk on car forums are very helpfull for the most part!

If not you could try this car seat as its from birth so you can sit it in the back and she can see you - end of the day you will have to get a next stage one at somepoint so if you have the £££ may as well be now!

Eek - I thought that LO is only screaming her eyes out in the car as she is so young :shock: but it looks like that it is nothing to do with age.

It truly is funny as most people think that babies love travelling in a car...

My littlie screams in the car too, but I have found a sure fire trick - for her anyway. I play Radio 3 or Classic FM REALLY REALLY loud. It calms her instantly, then I turn it down gradually until she is asleep. Not sure why it works, but it does :D

Sorry hun, no answers really. Daniel loves driving in the car. Have you been trying to give her toys? Or something to chew on? There are also baby mirrors which you attach to the seat, so babies can look on themselves.

:hug:

thanks for all your replies..

i spoke to my local renault dealer and you cant turn the airbag off in my car because its too old :x

and i cant get a forward facing seat until she's 20kg :(

Kim&Leah said:

i spoke to my local renault dealer and you cant turn the airbag off in my car because its too old :x

I def heard that it is either 9kg (approx 20lbs) or 9 months.
(Daniel isnt 9 months yet, but he is a big boy so a couple of weeks ago we put him in a forward facing one) :hug:

Carina said:
Kim&Leah said:

I def heard that it is either 9kg (approx 20lbs) or 9 months.
(Daniel isnt 9 months yet, but he is a big boy so a couple of weeks ago we put him in a forward facing one) :hug:

yes sorry i meant 20lb lol :doh: :doh:

grrr yesterday on the way back from my dads she screamed ad screamed and screamed. she wasn't hungry... nappy wasnt dirty... there was nothing wrong with her at all.
i text my mum saying ill be a bit later back cos ive had to pull over cos she wont stop crying.
so my mum rang me and said put her back in the car, ignore her, turn your music up and just drive back.

so i did that and everytime i turned my music up, she tried to get her voice louder!
pulled up outside my house 20mins later, her face was bright red with tears down her cheeks and she stopped crying.
went inside, took her out the carseat and picked her up and she was smiling like mad! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i have to teach her that when were in the car she has to be on her own!

when i go out with my mum, she sits in the back with her, but from now on shes gonna sit in the front with me.
do u think leah will evntually get used to being on her own while in the car? however long it takes?

Ooooo the little monkey! If you keep taking her out in the car in the back on her own i'm sure she will get used to it :hug:

Maybe start by taking her for a 5 minute drive and increase the time each time you take her out. She may get used to it then without getting you both so worked up and stressed. Good luck :hug:

connor's in the back on his own - i've got one of those mirrors that you attach to the back headrest so you can see your baby in the rear-view mirror.

but it works the other way too - connor now stares intently back at me via the 2 mirrors :D might be worth a try?? :hug: :hug:

i got one of those mirrors when she was a couple weeks old but it kept falling off so i gave up :wall: :wall: :wall: but i only paid a fiver for it from halfords so will go tomorrow and get more decent one

G3M said:
is she like it when your not with her at all ?

shes fine in the house if i go into another room... it;s just the car
i think it's being strapped in her carseat and not being able to anybody that does it

Kimbo said:
i got one of those mirrors when she was a couple weeks old but it kept falling off so i gave up :wall: :wall: :wall: but i only paid a fiver for it from halfords so will go tomorrow and get more decent one

mine was £12 from mothercare and clips around the headrest. expensive but worth it :)

purple13 said:
connor's in the back on his own - i've got one of those mirrors that you attach to the back headrest so you can see your baby in the rear-view mirror.

but it works the other way too - connor now stares intently back at me via the 2 mirrors :D might be worth a try?? :hug: :hug:

Same here!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back