Lil Miss Clingy....

Squiglet

Reaction score
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: I physically cannot put lil miss down without world war III erupting....anyone would think that I torture her...the noise she makes if I leave her alone just to go and pee.... :roll: She's fine as long as someone is holding her...but it means that car journey's she screams...trips out she screams.... in her own bed at night she screams... its driving me batty.... at least you could put Tia in the swing for half hour....lil Miss HAS to be held... and she knows when shes not, even in the swing.... I know older babies can be like this...and they've worked out if they cry the get attention...but not a two week old... surely? :think: problem is lil miss is getting to porker stage and she is heavy....my arms and back ache :roll: :roll:

jack was very much like this too when he was little, so i do feel for you. but have no advice :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

What a nightmare squiglet!

Could you not have her in a sling, then you coud babywear her and maybe she would calm down for the sake of your ear drums!

:wall: :wall: know how you feel, ryan has just got over that stage, it got so bad that even if he was asleep and i tried to put him down, he'd wake up and cry until i picked him up again. He wouldnt sleep unless he was in my arms :shakehead: Havnet really got any advice hun, just try not to cuddle her too much or she'll never go down on her own :hug:

Isaac was like that until he was about 3months old, but he did love the car so had some 'freedom' there :lol:
All I would say is leave her with other people now, especially OH, its the advice I'm giving myself for this LO because otherwise it will be quite a nightmare, you NEED to be able to 'leave' them now and then.
Very best wishes Squiglet, glad to hear she has a good set of lungs on her too :D :hug:

Its really heart wrenching though isnt it hearing your baby cry though and thinking she really needs you (when really she just wants food) and its so much harder for breast feeding mums because the baby assciates you with food all the time and not having the freedom to be able to just go out on your own and generally have some time to get on with things!

I really feel for you squig, Im well over this hurdle now and wish you well and stay sane and she will settle soon and do make othr people take over her whole you go and have a bath and generally chill. Your not the only parent, all you have to do now os make your oh grow tits and produce milk :D :D

Sling that kid squig! A pouch or ringsling would make it easier for you to bf but not have to take LO's weight in your arms at all times. Learning to wrap her would give you a huge amount of arm free freedom!

Wrap her up hun, and get a sling. Sam was the same, it gets easier though......

:hug:

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: shes so clever... i tried her in the sling this morning... shes fine if I hold her in the sling but the minute I let go she knows mummy's not "holding" her in the sling... is she???? I swear shes psychic....Shes ok as long as someone "holds" her... usually on her tummy on the chest... she has lots of wind problems. :roll:

What about swaddling - maybe if you make a tight wrap she will feel she is being held? Some babies feel safer if they are wrapped tightly - then if you put her in the sling you might find shes happy...

hope this works, before your arms fall off or you go completely insane!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope she calms down soon for ya...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

I feel for you Squig. My little girl has moments like that but only really gets fussy if she's hungry. I sometimes worry that my next-door neighbours think I'm torturing her. When she's hungry she's grumpy and screams and NOTHING soothes her. It's a nightmare. I know she's only little but she certainly has a temper!

You're right, they're not soft. Rowan will only sleep in her bouncy chair during the day, but won't sit in it for more than 5 mins if she's awake. When she fell asleep the other day I thought I'd try her in her moses basket but the minute her body touched the mattress she woke up! She's certainly on the ball for someone so small! Nothing gets past her.

Rowan is also very windy because she's a very enthusiastic eater and gulps loads of air so she writhes with discomfort during every feed. I swear by Infacol. It works a treat and really helps her bring up her wind. She can fart like a trooper!

You could get a sling and strap her to you so at least you can carry on and get things done round the house without her crying. I'm considering doing the same thing as some days, I'm lucky if I get the chance for a shower!

edwards the same he will go in the sling tho thank god

I got a photocopy of a chart called "Why Babies Cry" from the community nursery nurse the other day which has the 1st 52 weeks of the baby's and give or take a week, the clingy periods are marked on as weeks 5, 8, 9, 12, 15-19.5, 22.5-26, 34-37, 42-46, 51-52

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back