Dr Who starts tonight Whoop Whoop!

It's the same actress playing her as in the first episode. I saw it in a magazine or paper a few months back that she was to be playing the new companion in this series x

Oooooo me luuuuurves dr who have it on sky + to watch when big boy goes to bed :) also I adore David tennant!!!!! I melt lol x

xxx

It's the same actress playing her as in the first episode. I saw it in a magazine or paper a few months back that she was to be playing the new companion in this series x

I know.

Historically, Doctor Who has had many actors who have had smaller parts and then been hired for a companion (or even the Doctor role, in one case) afterwards and it has often been explained as a character who is related to the original, examples being Martha Jones and her cousin (who was in series 2) and Eve Myles' character in series 1 (playing a Maid) and her grt grt grt something Gwen in Torchwood.

Other people who have gone on to have a bigger role:

Lalla Ward (Princess Astra, then Romana II)
Colin Baker (Commander Maxil, then Sixth Doctor)
Karen Gillan (Pyrovile Priestess, Amy Pond.)

ETA: Just checked and her name was Oswin Oswald, so, from rumours I've heard I do reckon that maybe it will be a relative with Oswald as the surname, there have been many suggestions that it will be Clara, but I'm only speculating. It's within the realms of likelihood that she was cast as Companion following filming Asylum. I guess we'll see ;-)

Last edited:
Eeeee mega Whovian here!!!! Was hoping there would be a thread on this!!

I'm on Holiday just now so dont get any internet (up north in the Trossachs) and havent seen episdoe one yet! I LOVE dr who!

When Merlin starts too between dr who, merlin and casualty my saturdays are gonna be great!

Ooooh love, love, love Doctor Who!!!! And also love Matt Smith's doctor :)

Roll on next Saturday :D

Eeeee mega Whovian here!!!! Was hoping there would be a thread on this!!

I'm on Holiday just now so dont get any internet (up north in the Trossachs) and havent seen episdoe one yet! I LOVE dr who!

When Merlin starts too between dr who, merlin and casualty my saturdays are gonna be great!

It's worth the wait, one of the best season openers in new Who.

Omg I watched it! Was crying my eyes out at Amy and Rory!

Wonder how they're going to bring Oswin back for the Christmas special! I'm usually good at guessing twists, but I didn't expect that one!

I'm so excited I love doctor who used to watch the old episodes with my dad when I was younger loved the opening episode can't wait for tonight only 30 mins x

I'm so excited I love doctor who used to watch the old episodes with my dad when I was younger loved the opening episode can't wait for tonight only 30 mins x

We have most of them on DVD :D We're huge Whovians.

3rd episode tonight right after Strictly. Bliss!

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I didn't rate last weeks episode at all. I have higher hopes for this one :)

I remember now, I thought the trailer looked a bit West World.

Well I found this one (wild west) very dissapointing and bland :(

Hmm, not sure what I made of the power of three!!

Power of three was promising and a big build up then just seemed to fizzle out for me.

The Ponds final episode this Saturday. From the trailers we know it's in Manhattan and the stone angels are involved. They better give them a good send off.

The Ponds final episode this Saturday. From the trailers we know it's in Manhattan and the stone angels are involved. They better give them a good send off.

It has River in it :roll:

I liked Power of Three, more for it's exploration of life after the Doctor and how hard it must be for the Doctor to be moved on from, how hard it must be to leave that life behind for companions. To me the rest of the plot (with the boxes) was completely incidental.

It was the boxes that i got bored with. Just seemed a bit stupid to me!

I cant stand river (sorry guys) and I guessed WAAAAAAAY in advance who she was. I think it was the episode with the angels in it, when she first met amy, she told her, I know you, but you dont know me. One day you will etc..

I just guessed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back