Dr Who starts tonight Whoop Whoop!

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
Can't wait, anyone else with me?

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Yep, i am addicted. Looking forward to it. Although i miss David Tennant

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yep! Also miss David Tennant though :( DD and DH are addicted too!!

*cough* Whovian megafan here! ;-) I'm so excited, and very pleased that we're back to airing in the Autumn.

Did any of you watch Pond Life? What do you think of the B-Movie theme to the series (and the awesome posters; at least one of which I want blown up and on the wall of my house!)

:yay:

I love Matt Smith's Doctor to bits, he has this quality of "otherness" about him, very much like the Second Doctor. My Favourite Doctor is the 6th, incidentally. :lol:

We have it on Sky+ for when little man is in bed and OH has stopped faffing about with his new flood light!

I missed David Tennant at first but Matt Smith is a bit 'out there' so perfect for the role! I love watching him being interviewed because he's still all awkward just like he is when he's The Doctor!! I'm also loving that Amy is back! Although when Rose went I actually cried like a girl for the first time in years haha x

That was spot on - perfect pastiche of a B-Movie, the incidental music and the dialogue was spot on. I'd go as far to say that's my second favourite new Who season opener (after The Eleventh Hour... "Rose" comes a close 3rd but only because it is now incredibly dated looking!) and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the season has to offer.

*heart breaks for Oswin*

Matt Smith is geeky, i agree. But I just fancy David Tennant :)
It was a good episode, looking forward to more of them

I still want a pet Darlek but hubby won't let me have one :(

I still want a pet Darlek but hubby won't let me have one :(

I had a full size walking, talking Dalek crash my wedding reception...

DH used to work with someone who has a Darlek :)

I really enjoyed it tonight. Just creepy enough to make you want to peek out from behind the sofa, great storyline and plenty of heart with a twist at the end.

Matt Smith is geeky, i agree. But I just fancy David Tennant :)
It was a good episode, looking forward to more of them

He he agree about Mr Tennant. Unusual for me, I normally like um with a bit more meat on um :wink:

Don't hate me but i've never found Daleks particularly scary (cybermen on the other hand!) but now they can take over humans ...... loved it!!

OH particularly like Oswin! lol

I thought the girl playing Oswin was sooooo pretty. I agree a Darlek o. It's own is not scary. But I would literally poop if a cyberman sidled up to me (particularly a really old style one). LJY described it best, they got the feel of a creepy B movie just right and it was the suspense of the dormant Darleks that was scary. Also Matt Smith did an amazing job when they intensive care Darleks were closing in, it was nice to see Dr Who lose his cool and be genuinely scared. Also Rory trying to figure out why a Darlek was asking for eggs. It was like, no Rory, you need to start running now :D

Don't hate me but i've never found Daleks particularly scary (cybermen on the other hand!) but now they can take over humans ...... loved it!!

OH particularly like Oswin! lol

The original Cybermen (where you can see the person underneath) scare the living daylights out of me....

I thought the girl playing Oswin was sooooo pretty. I agree a Darlek o. It's own is not scary. But I would literally poop if a cyberman sidled up to me (particularly a really old style one). LJY described it best, they got the feel of a creepy B movie just right and it was the suspense of the dormant Darleks that was scary. Also Matt Smith did an amazing job when they intensive care Darleks were closing in, it was nice to see Dr Who lose his cool and be genuinely scared. Also Rory trying to figure out why a Darlek was asking for eggs. It was like, no Rory, you need to start running now :D

Isn't she? I might be having a wee crush on her!

I kind of felt sad for the Daleks in Intensive Care, and sympathised with their fear of the Doctor and calling him the Predator - it's not their fault they were created by a genocidal maniac who removed all positive emotions from them...

The line about them not having killed the Doctor because of finding hate beautiful was sublime.

love dr who, hubby got me into it. loved ten inch but matt is great, so quirky. oswin was such a sweet dalek and I was like awww. I dobt think they are scary either, but the stone angels, that's something else.

next weeks one looks strange tho.

OMG you 2 sooo jealous lol.

Urg those weeping angles give me the heebee jeebees lol.

love dr who, hubby got me into it. loved ten inch but matt is great, so quirky. oswin was such a sweet dalek and I was like awww. I dobt think they are scary either, but the stone angels, that's something else.

next weeks one looks strange tho.

Doctor Who is how I met my husband, so I am very grateful to the show! :lol: Our house is full of Who stuff, most of the classic DVD's, TARDISes and daleks everywhere, books, signatures. :rofl: Oh and various figures. Idris lives in our lounge :)

I thought so! Oswin is the Doctors new companion who in the first episode is a Darlek who gets blown up. So the Doctor never actually saw Oswin as herself. Do I speculate that the Oswin will join the Doctor but actually be like the people who kidnapped everyone at the start and have Darlek protuberances in her forehead. It's going to be interesting to find out.

I thought so! Oswin is the Doctors new companion who in the first episode is a Darlek who gets blown up. So the Doctor never actually saw Oswin as herself. Do I speculate that the Oswin will join the Doctor but actually be like the people who kidnapped everyone at the start and have Darlek protuberances in her forehead. It's going to be interesting to find out.

I reckon it will either be:-

a) a relative of Oswin's who is the companion; Oswin is her suirname.
b) at an earlier point in her time stream, before she became a Dalek and that she will still end up as a Dalek as her final end.

It's unlikely that she'll have the Dalek eyestalk etc as they came from the nanos when she crash landed on the Asylum, and if he rescued her from the Asylum earlier in his timestream it would create a paradox as she would not be there to help him, Amy and Rory escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back