Did anyone watch how the other half live tonight?

katiejane

Reaction score
I fancy a rant, the women in that council house really wound me up tonight. Did anyone else see it?

what did you think, it said she'd been fighting for a bigger place for 8 years, but those twins were only babies, why bring them into that environment, and how gutted was she when they did things other than just hand her loads of cash lol

I wouldnt be having my OH living somewhere else, I just wonder where she thought all of her family were going to live/sleep.
I do think the sponsoring family were right to ask them 'decorate', did you see the sofa they'd paid for?
Yeah, she really didnt want those bunkbeds from the beginning, but seriously that little boy needed his own bed!

Yeah I know, it was my OH that spotted the sofa before it was mentioned later how minging it was. I said are you sure its the same one, but of course it wasn't. There's people who work hard and really need extra help, but she seemed to expect it and the timings wound me up - 8 year battle, but yet pregnancy during that time - did she think more children would help her get a bigger house automatically?

That poor boy shouldn't have been in bed with his sister full stop, and how she could prefer that to bunkbeds is amazing.

I thought they were spot on asking her to take pride in her home, and her reaction was just classic, said it all really. There's been better one's of that program on, but tonights just wound me up lol, probably pregnancy hormones x

I'll have to watch it on 4 OD, my OH seems to have taken over the tv with all sorts of cartoon nonsense, it's doing my head in!!!

Cartoons! Give him a kick lol. My OH's gone to bed, but i've slept on and off all day, feel shocking today and now i doubt i'd get to sleep just yet. I have a tv in the bedroom, but can't watch that as he's sleeping, and he moaned that the tv down here was too loud, even though it was so quiet i could hardly hear it. So now me and the dog are just sat in the living room without the tv on at all. So cartoons would prob be an improvement! Thank goodness for PF to keep me entertained x

I'd much rather sit with no tv than family guy and futurama! I've 'relocated' myself for the moment into the spare room, so just the laptop for catch up tv for me at bedtime. And anything to drown out the noise of our deaf neighbour's tv, she swears she goes to bed at 11.30 with no tv upstairs, so how come I hear all the words to every programme until 2.30????

Oh god, deaf neighbours tv sounds like a nightmare honey. At least you've got the laptop, i think i might try sleep in a bit. In our last house it was a back to back terraced house and the girl behind was really young with two small children and would stay up most nights, especially fridays and saturdays until 3 / 4 in the morning having stupidly loud dance music and crazy partys, the noise was horrific. It's much more peaceful here so I really feel for you, at least you can get her back soon with a crying baby, hold the LO up towards the wall at 4am ha ha ha

Hahahaha, I doubt she'd hear it!!!!!!! TBH I much prefer the sound of her TV than the sounds I heard in my flat before my last house. Lets just say the couple were very 'vocal' in their affection for one another.....every night!!! :blush:

I saw it and was pretty discusted by it really.
It seemed to me like that lady was living in a house full of junk to try and make her case look worse so she could get rehoused.
I mean a 2 bedroom house with 3 girls and 2 boys - the 3 girls could share and the 2 boys could share and then she could still sleep in the front room, I know her house was small but surely with some more storage solutions like drawers and stuff she should be able to at least keep it clean and tidy.

People like her wind me up - there is no need for a house to be filthy and be a potential hazzard - did you see the back garden?

I didn't manage to find it on 4 OD, don't know if I was just being dim or what. But I watched a catch up one, a year on with the Gumpo family. While everything looked great, the mum was doing all she could and making good decisions but another family saw the show and happened to be the head master of a residential private school and offered the two eldest daughters fully funded places until they were both 18. It was so so sad in the end. The girls ended up a world apart, not wanting to visit their mum because there were so many activities and opportunities at the school during weekends and holidays. I felt for their mum who was still looking forward but her family had literally been ripped apart!

Ah yes that was last weeks one, to be honest this weeks one was more controversial, i'll try and find a link for you. Bonny i'm glad you said that, i didn't want to be too harsh and was in a grumpy mood yesterday generally, hormones lol. But I can't shake the feeling she had more children so that she would get a nice 4 bed house, the house she was in wasn't ideal, but like you say there was loads she could do to sort that out. She clearly just wanted a handout, it wound me up, all the other programs have been better causes than that one x

I watched it too and got so wound up. As soon as they showed the clip of the kids sharing a double bed i was ike erm "bunkbed!!" it was so inappropriate to expect a brother and sister to share a bed and then another girl had a room to herself!! I wouldve got them 2 lots of bunkbeds, 1 for the 2 girls and 1 for the Mum and boy. And then there would be room for 2 cots in the bedroom as well. And Im sorry, it doesnt cost anything to cllean your toaster, just wipe it down with water and an old tea towel, I nearly wretched watching her pull toast out of it, its was splattered with god knows what! I was furious when they bought a new sofabed for downstairs first. I couldve cried. I said to my OH if we could only afford one bed I would gladly sleep in the rug so that our boy could have it.

Storage was an absolute nightmare. When they asked them to redecorate I think they meant, get storage, decent bedding a table etc.. not paint the bloomin walls!

just wanted to add my OH made a very good point, if neither of them have a job surely they could be rehoused anywhere in the UK. there should be some sort of national housing database for people, especially if certain councils have 24 year waiting lists!! Im pretty sure they would easily get housed somewhere in south wales. Maybe that sounds too harsh but we moved 200 miles away from home so that OH could get work. Its no different really.

I don't think thats harsh, tbh I don't see why instead of having the the twins, with the other two being older she couldn't go to work herself ad him and get a house of their own back. No one helps me and my OH we've both had to work hard for everything we've got. I appreciate some people are in situations like that through no fault of their own and are doing their best, like a young women on it a few weeks ago with a little girl and she was devastated it had got so bad for her. The women last night had no intention of making that house livable because she decided she needed better, and maybe she did, but i think there's better ways of going about it. And your OH makes a very valid point you move to wherever you have to for the sake of your family, job wise, house wise etc. I only found this part of the forum last night, but I feel more rants about programs coming on soon lol x

I'm glad its not just me that thought that!!! I did think I was a mega bitch after writing it!!

Cleanliness costs nothing at the end of the day, I hate going to peoples houses where you have to wipe your feet on the way out - I went to buy a puppy from someone once and OMG their house was disgusting, Honestly feet stuck to the carpet and all the puppies and other animals in their sitting room messing on the carpet.
YUK! I was so glad to get out of there and felt so sorry for the animals I got 2 puppies!

Definately more ways that that woman last night could have kept her house in better order for her family, But I guess she thought if she made it look worse than it really is then the council inspectors would feel sorry for her and move her.

The supporting family had a very good point in that she would have to change the way she was otherwise her chaos would just reappear a few months after she moved.

Thanks for the link Katiejane, don't know where I was looking last night! But I totally agree! That woman was so selfish, it seemed that her kids well-being didn't matter and her only focus was this magical 4 bedroom house. I really wish the other family had stuck to their guns when they said about even if they did get a new house, it would be in the same state a year down the line. The woman only perked up after moaning about being asked to decorate because she thought she was getting somewhere with the fight for a new house. She really didn't seem to have the reasoning skills to figure out what the other family were trying to do for her. And to be honest her OH looked like a bit of a waste of space to me, he said a lot about nothing really! Totally don't agree that the family were arranging him a job and paying half his wages for 6 months :shock: Grrrrr, this really annoyed me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back