Double pushchair.

Jojo84

Reaction score
My son will be 26 months,when this baby arrives,and,although he is,really great on his,feet I'm going to need a double for when I take both out on my own or for a full day

Because I won't be using pram all the time I just,want a good (yet cheap - £300 max!) Double.

I'm looking at
The cosatto supa dupa(but I've had so m e bad feedback)
Gracco (look v long)
Shuck freerider

Any experience of these? Or any good,recs to look At when , we go shopping.don't want 2nd hand.

Have you considered a babyjogger city mini double (side by side) or a baby jogger city select? I love babyjogger!! Lol. But seriously, I'm on Facebook selling page for babyjogger and you would easily pick up one in your budget. X

I only want bought new because I like things like buggies in warranty. Babyjogger is overs budget new I think

I bought the upperbaby vista for mine. 16months apart. But found it so heavy to push. I now have a out and about nipper and I love it
It's so easy to push and still fits through my front door and gate. Thibk we paid about £350 brand new xx

My son is 21 months and we've been using the easy X rider buggy seat for him - it's brill.

Looking at getting a cheap double for very long days out where he'll want a nap - think we'll get the joie aire, around £100

That sat isn't comparable with my pram, plus would making walking difficult. The joie looks kinda flimsy, in reality I'll be using it a lot.

I was going to suggest a buggy board of some kind too.

James was 26m when Bee arrived (and it was winter) but he was fine on a board. He doesn't use it anymore but for first 6 months it was a godsend and much cheaper than a new pram.

X

Luke won't stand on a buggy board, he just tries to get off and wonder around

Have you considered a sling for new baby? Ds1 was 29mths when ds2 arrived and we haven't used the double buggy once. We had a secondhand graco, it's just so big! X

I second a sling.

My eldest was 30 months when my second was born and I only ended up using the new pram about 5 times, I found it a lot easier to have the baby in a sling and the toddler in a kite stroller.

Luke won't stand on a buggy board, he just tries to get off and wonder around
Does the sit down type not fit your pram?

X

That's what we've got, if the bar on track chassis of you pram is straight it will fit, it comes with a load of different fittings for different prams.

My pram is a silvercross freeway and there's just no walking room at the back for a seat and I'm
Not sure how the handle
Would fit. It doesn't look like it would fit in car very easily either especially as my silvercross has to come apart to fold down.

I hate slings, just don't like them at all! I find hem uncomfortable and because I'm fat they just don't seem to work well for me. Tried one with my son and took it back because I hated baby wearing so much. We did also buy a carrier but only hubby used that a few times. No it doesn't work for me at all. I really hate them lol

We will need a 2 seater stroller. Buggy boards see a definite no and the seats look
A pain in the backside to store when in the car. I also don't honk he would like it as he likes to lie back and relax in he pram.

I've got a bugaboo buffalo which is a pretty big pram and that and the seat for my car fine. We pull the handle out so we aren't walking on top of the board, it's been great. When Haydn wants to walk it just flips up in towards the basket.

Anyway seeing as none of the suggestions above seem useful what about the britax b agile? Obaby Apollo /Leto plus/ zezu? Chicco echo?

Aren't they all over my budget? I'll look into them though, so you know anyone with them?

At the mo in considering the hauck free rider

My friend had the graco but didn't like it as it was very hard to manoeuvre. No personal experience with any of those you mentioned though.
£300 max is quite ambitious for a decent double buggy brand new though. I set out with a similar budget but in the end I went second hand. If you could increase your budget by £100 or so then you could get the Phil & Teds tandem double brand new (http://www.babyboom2000.co.uk/produ...UjfefRlaT9PmB4ly-6X_baXPepYWzZVX8HxoCz9rw_wcB) looks good and excellent quality. You could find the 'cocoon' insert for a newborn on ebay for a cheap price too at ~£10.
Good luck!!x

Last edited:
300 is my top, I realise it's not huge but it's doable - no point for paying over that for the amount of time I'm going to use it really. I don't like 2nd hand because you have no fallback if it's faulty. I'll have to go with the best of a bad bunch likely. Which gracco does she have?

I think it was a Graco stadium duo but not completely sure.
Good luck hun, hope you find a good one!x

My plan is to have some inlond and test drive them all.

If you won't be using it for long (not sure how old lo is but you mention that in an a post) then perhaps a second hand one is a better option. For a fraction of the price you can get some really good ones. Doubles tend to be used for less time than normal pushchairs anyway (unless it was twins). xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back