HELP! double pushchair question

minxie

Reaction score
I don't know where to start when it comes to a double pushchair when Number 2 arrives. Jacob will be 17 months and Baby Number Two will be newborn of course. Can anyone recommend a double pushchair that I can use to cart the two around until Jacob is out of a pushchair (say age 3)?

I know Im early on in my pregnancy and its too early to start buying stuff, but I just want to get an idea of costs so I can start budgeting for the additional stuff we are going to need for Baby Number Two.

We are getting this one

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product- ... 00/type-i/

I do really like the ones where the pushchair is over the bit where the baby goes but James is so big i dont think he would last in that one and also if new baby is anywhere near as big as James we need a decent sized bit for him too. So with this one from Mamas and Papas they are both full sized buggies so should last us ages.

Also, the sitting compartments come out and can be turned round to either face mummy or face each other and we have the car seat from mamas and papas and it fits onto the frame too. :cheer:

SO although it looks expensive for us its probably the best option cos we dont need to buy owt else. :D

I think i'll go get pregnant again just to have that buggy!!

Thats awsome! Expencive, but looks great!

I need that buggy :wall:

CoreysMummy said:

:rotfl:

You can come round to mine and push it about if you like?? I wont even charge you! :lol:

i have the phil and teds sport. i have to admit its not as great as i thought it was at the start now im using it. but for the fact its a single size buggy and can convert from a double to a single very very easily its great for us.

we also wont need to buy another as millie can use it as a single until she doesnt need to be in a pram anymore :)
ill go into more detail aboutthe phil and ted one if you like? let me know if your thinking about it!

Jen&James said:
CoreysMummy said:

:rotfl:

You can come round to mine and push it about if you like?? I wont even charge you! :lol:

Super!! Pencil me in for a visit in around 5 months ;)

:lol:

This was my exact dilema recently until i found & bought this...

41J7ppqjWL__SX315_SY375_.jpg
412h9IenKPL__SX315_SY375_.jpg

41Iy6fIsXOL__SX315_SY375_.jpg
41ualGKQ3EL__SX315_SY375_.jpg

Its a "First Wheels City Twin" and is fantastic for children of different ages or the same. you can face the seats/carrycots either direction, and at different directions to eachother or the same. Obviously you will only need one carrycot like me & it comes off when the newborn can sit in a seat like the older brother/sister. Its fab! Its really expensive im Mothercare BUT if you look on Ebay you should get a bargain- i did! Its £660 with 2 carry cots, £550 with one and £440 with just the seats in Mothercare... BUT i got mine on Ebay complete with everything Plus raincovers for £180 :D

Heres the link for it in Mothercare but like i said, look for one on Ebay! ( They come in red, cream,aqua,black OR you can buy "Funky Gear" covers made just for them in orange/lime/pink etc :) )

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

and here's examples of the other colours :D Hope this helps hun xxxxx
combi.jpg
3d_5.jpg
la1091.jpg
product_full103.jpg
firstwheels-city-twin-red.jpg

FirstTWINMULTISM.jpg

that prams lush - good luck gettin on a bus with that tho haha!! :talkhand: :lol:

mummykay said:
that prams lush - good luck gettin on a bus with that tho haha!! :talkhand: :lol:

Lol :lol: I steer clear of any buses that aint "walk on" buses at the mo anyway, coz iv allready got a big pram so have had the practice! :D xx

Can't help with the pram question but just wanted to say congrats Minxie :cheer:

All you ladies that were pregnant the same time I was and are pregnant again are making me broody!!! :shock: :lol:

Full of hope! said:
Can't help with the pram question but just wanted to say congrats Minxie :cheer:

All you ladies that were pregnant the same time I was and are pregnant again are making me broody!!! :shock: :lol:

Thanks Full of Hope - yes I rememeber your little Jacob was born around the same time as my Jacob!

And thanks to all for the push chair info..I do like the mamas and papas one, the phil and teds sport and the navy mothercare one but my fave has to be the First Wheels City Twin. Wow! what a pushchair..its pushchair heaven. I'll keep an eye out on ebay. £180 is a bargain!! Thank you so much for posting about it!!!!

Guess what?..my OH said 'what if its twins? is there one that seats 3 kids?' lol :eek:

not as posh as the ones above but i have:

side.jpg
resize

cost about 300 quid.... it fills everything that i 'required' as id had about 3 prams when hannah was small, and discovered the things that really matter when pushing them around. I wanted two single handles rather then 'one long one', I didnt want one that was 'seats behind eachother' because i was told they can be really hard to stear and are bad getting on and off curbs. (i live in a busy/roads area ) swivil wheels, raincover, BIG shopping basket and very easy to fold and its very light this pram.

Another thing id like to add, is that i use my pram probably about twice a week... - and we dont own a car, i only have 10 months between my girls, but hannah prefers to walk... plus, even tho she is only just 17 months, she looks huge in it. :( the pram IS ment to be up to the age of 3-4yrs... i have a single mamas and papas pram also that we use very often (when hananhs walking) and even in the pram hannah looks huge anyway.. think its cos she actually is BIG.

l_ba212d9401f4416495152da84ecfd17c.jpg

l_a20ec546ae614ab39dea64b991c63057.jpg

see.? cant help but think shes almost out grown it.... Oh well - im deffo not gonna be using it soon anyway, reckon by christmas hananh will be walking everywhere if im honest. (and im gonna be getting a Mei Tai for Emily. :) (and just keep the single pram i have for emergencys)

not as posh as the ones above but i have:

cost about 300 quid.... it fills everything that i 'required' as id had about 3 prams when hannah was small, and discovered the things that really matter when pushing them around. I wanted two single handles rather then 'one long one', I didnt want one that was 'seats behind eachother' because i was told they can be really hard to stear and are bad getting on and off curbs. (i live in a busy/roads area ) swivil wheels, raincover, BIG shopping basket and very easy to fold and its very light this pram.

Another thing id like to add, is that i use my pram probably about twice a week... - and we dont own a car, i only have 10 months between my girls, but hannah prefers to walk... plus, even tho she is only just 17 months, she looks huge in it. the pram IS ment to be up to the age of 3-4yrs... i have a single mamas and papas pram also that we use very often (when hananhs walking) and even in the pram hannah looks huge anyway.. think its cos she actually is BIG.

see.? cant help but think shes almost out grown it.... Oh well - im deffo not gonna be using it soon anyway, reckon by christmas hananh will be walking everywhere if im honest. (and im gonna be getting a Mei Tai for Emily. (and just keep the single pram i have for emergencys)

ooo i think ill end up getting one of these lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220293409366 :lol: and stick it on my nice single buggie! lol

I've got a phil and teds sports and i love it.

With tyler and cayla (there were 17 months between them) i had a tandem buggy and it was heavy and hard to manouver. So i def wanted a diff one this time

There's 15 months between aidan and leela and the pram is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back