Double Buggys

To be honest mine still looks fairly new!!

The straps get a bit gubby if baby eats anything in it but all I do is scrub them and they come up good as new!

I do really like the black one though! :)

Oh 1 more thing I forgot to mention...... try and keep the tires pumped up so they're rock hard, they lose a tiny bit air naturally due to baby/childs weight so keep your eye on them. If they're not rock hard the buggy can feel very heavy to push.

xxx

To be honest mine still looks fairly new!!

The straps get a bit gubby if baby eats anything in it but all I do is scrub them and they come up good as new!

I do really like the black one though! :)

Oh 1 more thing I forgot to mention...... try and keep the tires pumped up so they're rock hard, they lose a tiny bit air naturally due to baby/childs weight so keep your eye on them. If they're not rock hard the buggy can feel very heavy to push.

xxx

Thanks for the tip hun :D x

can I just ask, when people say double ones still get through single doors.
Is that true for everywhere?
Cause even with my single in busy crowded small shops I still have to squeeze past.
:)

Well basically they have to be manufactured at a width designed to fit through a single door but in reality that can be a very very tight squeeze!! Even harder is getting down aisles in shops, I was trying out a Nipper 360 twin the other day in mothercare and nearly took out a whole display of garden toys as I had about 1cm to spare!! When youve got 2 kids that need to be in a buggy there seems to be no ideal option unfortunately!!!

Doors are supposed to be of a width that can fit a wheelchair through, which would mean a twin buggy can fit too but it really isnt always the case xx

Yeah, my dads in a wheelchair and hardly gets in alot of places.
Deffo think I will go with a one in front of the other one.

i dunno it must have been when we were unloading the shopping it was about 3 weeks ago we keep it in the back of the car and never take it out we always load the shopping around it and the car alarm goes off after about 3 mins of the car being locked - there is no sign of break in but there is allot of football matches on the street were on as we live near west bromwich football grounds it was only yesterday when we went to use it we realised it was gone - has to be over 3 weeks ago tho coz thinking about it it wasnt there when we went to summer set and that was for about 2 weeks about a week ago we got back so there goes are push chair up the swanny!! im well peed specially as someone would have had to have taken it as we were unloading are shopping the cheak of some people still amazes me my hubby is furious - we havent long bought it x

i dunno it must have been when we were unloading the shopping it was about 3 weeks ago we keep it in the back of the car and never take it out we always load the shopping around it and the car alarm goes off after about 3 mins of the car being locked - there is no sign of break in but there is allot of football matches on the street were on as we live near west bromwich football grounds it was only yesterday when we went to use it we realised it was gone - has to be over 3 weeks ago tho coz thinking about it it wasnt there when we went to summer set and that was for about 2 weeks about a week ago we got back so there goes are push chair up the swanny!! im well peed specially as someone would have had to have taken it as we were unloading are shopping the cheak of some people still amazes me my hubby is furious - we havent long bought it x

How bloody annoying :wall2:I'd be fuming!! What one was it??

Last edited:
Yeah, my dads in a wheelchair and hardly gets in alot of places.
Deffo think I will go with a one in front of the other one.

A tandem??

I've seen so many of them topple over it's unreal, especially on buses!!

it wasnt a big make/brand something like little star or something like that i would have a look but i havent got it no more :( my kids are only 19mnths and 31mnths as well i could do with a single but not when baby is here so going to have to get a cheap stroller for zander now a wrist strap for bella (luckily got one of them) a souble buggy and a single pram for when baby gets here and a buggy board for the double when we buy another urgh . . its just an ongoing bill :(

it wasnt a big make/brand something like little star or something like that i would have a look but i havent got it no more :( my kids are only 19mnths and 31mnths as well i could do with a single but not when baby is here so going to have to get a cheap stroller for zander now a wrist strap for bella (luckily got one of them) a souble buggy and a single pram for when baby gets here and a buggy board for the double when we buy another urgh . . its just an ongoing bill :(

Just more money to add to your list :wall2: I'm getting a Phil&Teds!! Want one that will last and I can sell on eBay once done with and can use it as a single too!

my sil just got a phil and ted after she got all of it she worked out she had spent over £500 i was like :shock: i dunno if she likes it either lol

my sil just got a phil and ted after she got all of it she worked out she had spent over £500 i was like :shock: i dunno if she likes it either lol

I know in John Lewis it's about £200 cheaper than Mothercare with the same repair guarantee and a cocoon! So chuffed I went in there!!

my maclaren twin techno fits through most doors and i love it!! The big one tries to hit the little one so that is a down side but apart from that its great!

When you look at the dimensions on the the net tho, don't take them as gospel coz i went to mother care armed with a tape measure and the silvercross pop duo was a few cm's bigger than specified xx

my maclaren twin techno fits through most doors and i love it!! The big one tries to hit the little one so that is a down side but apart from that its great!

When you look at the dimensions on the the net tho, don't take them as gospel coz i went to mother care armed with a tape measure and the silvercross pop duo was a few cm's bigger than specified xx

I hate silvercross :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:

I just got my Britax B Dual today and it's gorgeous.

Heavier and bulkier then Phil&Teds but looks nicer and is more 'pram like' and much more comfy.
Both seats lie totally flat and are suitable for newborns. Huge shopping basket, has two big hoods and baby is quite high up unlike P&T.

However i would recommend P&T any day because it's light and compact, but has everything you need, the only reason i bought Britax is because i cant help myself .. but it does look a lot nicer then any other double pushchairs i had.

I just got my Britax B Dual today and it's gorgeous.

Heavier and bulkier then Phil&Teds but looks nicer and is more 'pram like' and much more comfy.
Both seats lie totally flat and are suitable for newborns. Huge shopping basket, has two big hoods and baby is quite high up unlike P&T.

However i would recommend P&T any day because it's light and compact, but has everything you need, the only reason i bought Britax is because i cant help myself .. but it does look a lot nicer then any other double pushchairs i had.

:) Are you a self confessed pushchair addict? :) LOL

I saw a funky double pushchair it was black and had loads of neon on it in Mothercare.....downfall it was side by side :( lol

I love my iCandy Pear which is tandem. I can get it through all doors and round shops no probs. My friend who has a twin side by side says she can get in most doors but often once she's in clothes shops etc she cant get round the aisles and displays easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back