Dont understand counting dpo

precious_cargo

Reaction score
Right confused about when I start counting dpo from?
Got strong lines and cb smileys pn saturday and sunday tested tonight and no smiley so my question is when is my first dpo? Today or tomorrow?? I use my dpo as my LP is 12 so know Wen period or testing is due based on dpo!
Help x

Babydust to all

I would say if you got your first smiley on saturday then sunday would be 1dpo. You will have a better idea when AF arrives then you can work it back and might help you for the next month x

you got a smiley Sat and Sun? wouldn't dpo be today?

well it says after your first smiley you ov 24 to 48 hours after so you still got a smiley sunday which means you had a 48 hr surge so.....i think today is 1dpo :) confusing isnt it lol!!

Hiya, sorry to hijack your thread precious_cargo, I was wondering the same thing as you about when you count your 1st DPO. I got a smiley face when I did an ovulation test on 12th and we BD'd on 11th, 12th and 14th. Do you ovulate the day you get a smiley face or a day or two after? I really hope I haven't missed it this month :-(

My BBT was: 36.26 Wed, 36.43 Thurs (when i got my smiley), 36.22 Fri and 36.60 Sat.

Last edited:
if you bedded those days you wont have missed it, when you get your smiley you count that day and the next as bd days as you can ov over 48 hours then the next day is 1dpo

so if you got a smiley sunday, tuesday is 1dpo

pc was lucky enough to catch her surge at the beginning by the looks of it so got 2 smileys :)

Thanks Lynette - I knew I could rely on you to explain :) I got my smiley on Thursday so I guess Saturday was 1dpo? That would make sense with my BBT changes too wouldn't it?

yep!! its bloody confusing though haha i get boggled all the time, then you think you have it all worked out and you will have a longer or shorter cycle or something rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bloody hard work hahah

That makes perfect sense Lynette! So how ever long your smiley or +opk is, is how long your surge is? so + opk for say 2 days is a 48 hr surge and after no more + is your 1st dpo.....

Yeah but worth it :) I think this is the 1st month we have got our timing right so fingers crossed - I will be gutted if I don't get a BFP though I know it's not guaranteed!

usually but i wouldnt try and judge that by opks alone as they are just crap sometimes, id really only do it with a digi opk. I have pee'd on an opk the day after a smiley and got dark lines, so done a digi and no smiley which means i caught my surge on the second day probably

Yeah but worth it :) I think this is the 1st month we have got our timing right so fingers crossed - I will be gutted if I don't get a BFP though I know it's not guaranteed!

you only have a 20% chance at the most! all that work for low odds drives you doolally but worth it in the end ladies

i know lol sucks arse doesnt it!! we can do it though

its like trying to hit the lottery! but yes we can do it!!

Thats coz i was peeing on anything that looked like a stick Lynette lol xx

Babydust to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back