does this sound like reflux?

ZMD

Reaction score
for the last few days after tegans 4pm feed she wont settle she gets the hiccups really badly and pulls a funny face like she has a horrible taste in her mouth and when i put her down after 10 mins she wakes up screaming this carries on untill about 10pm when she finally stays asleep.
she also does the same when she wakes in the night.

any advice would be great x

sounds like it hun its soooo common, ur gp will prescribe u over phone if u like to rule it out, mine did that and thats what it was :) hope she feels better soon xxx

ive got a gp app for her tommorrow. is there amything they can give them to help x

ive got a gp app for her tommorrow. is there amything they can give them to help x

Isla has this, I keep her upright after a feed, but now we have infant gavisgon which seems to help. Hope she gets something to help xx

Charley was doing it so I started using infant gaviscon and he's hardly been sick since and he never cries during a feed! Def recommend it x x

sounds a good possibility, Toby has wet burps, is really sicky especially first thing in a morning, won't settle on his back and arches his back when feeding. He also feeds every few hours through the day which is common in reflux apparently as this helps lessen the acid :flower: hope the dr is good x

thanks everyone she wants my boob constantly when she gets like this. silly question but how do u give the gaviscon to a breastfed baby x

in 1/2oz of ezpressed milk before a feed... it was the only way I could get it down T, you could try putting it in water first like is says...

im hoping the doctor prescribs some tommorrow as she seems really uncomfortable and miserable x

we got it as a see if it helps, as our symptoms were more the not settling on back, which I think the GP picked up on cas that was how her LO suffered... :flower:

well after spending the last 7 hours screaming whenever she goes down pulling funny faces and having the hiccups 3 times ive decided something isnt right shes now asleep im mentally and physically exhausted! x

Hope you're ok sweetie x

Reading this I'm beginning to think Seb has reflux. He hiccups a lot, arches his back and refuses feeds even though I know he's hungry, will go down and start screaming 5-10 minutes later, pulls very strange faces and sticks his tongue out, has wet burps, sounds as though he's in pain even though there's nothing wrong etc etc I was beginning to think it was the start of colic but the symptoms fit reflux rather than colic.

Let us know how you get on at the doctors x I'm going to keep a diary for a couple of days to see what's going on

Hope you're ok sweetie x

Reading this I'm beginning to think Seb has reflux. He hiccups a lot, arches his back and refuses feeds even though I know he's hungry, will go down and start screaming 5-10 minutes later, pulls very strange faces and sticks his tongue out, has wet burps, sounds as though he's in pain even though there's nothing wrong etc etc I was beginning to think it was the start of colic but the symptoms fit reflux rather than colic.

Let us know how you get on at the doctors x I'm going to keep a diary for a couple of days to see what's going on

that sounds exactly like tegan hun x she will latch on for a few mins then pull away and scream x doc app is 9;30 i'll let you know how it goes x

Hope they do something to help x

been to the doctors and she said it deff sounds like reflux and gave us some infant gaviscon to try. really hope it helps as im exhausted from alk the screaming x

been to the doctors and she said it deff sounds like reflux and gave us some infant gaviscon to try. really hope it helps as im exhausted from alk the screaming x

I mixed it with breast milk last night, put it in a plastic syringe and she wolfed it down :) hope you have a better night x

I mixed it with breast milk last night, put it in a plastic syringe and she wolfed it down :) hope you have a better night x

did it help her hun x how much breast milk did u use x

Really hope you have a good night tonight x fingers crossed it helps her, poor thing x

did it help her hun x how much breast milk did u use x

Hey, she fed much better afterwards and slept for nearly 5 hours. She was screaming before hand. I squeezed as much as I could over the cup! Lol must remember to shut the kitchen blind.

There was roughly 9ml of fluid I gave her, I did the first 5ml with water. I immediately offered her some boob and she fed calmly.

Good luck xx

thanks ill let u know how it goes hope she doesnt hate it to much lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back