Teething? Rejecting milk?

laracomps

Reaction score
Right well here's our new problem... Since sunday Phoebe will only drink up to half of what she normally does. She then clamps her mouth shut and screams when she sees the bottle.

I have no idea if this is because of her reflux, I am more inclined to think its teething as she is also biting the teat, and everything in sight for that matter. Also if I put the bottle in her mouth when she is crying with her mouth open, she will actually have more milk and then wants it :doh: So its not as if she doesn't 'want' the milk.

I asked my HV but she is sh*te to say the least.

If this is down to teething, how long can I expect it to last? Obv I am worried that she's not having enough milk at the mo. It didn't reflect too badly at weigh in today, but only because she had loads the week before :wall:

Anyway, any input would be grateful.
:hug:

James always rejects his bottles when his teeth hurt. He usually has about 30 something Ounces a day but when he is feeling rubbish he only has 15-20 in 24 hours. He doesnt like anything in his mouth and if he does open it he just chews the teat. He does this for 3-4days at a time sometimes but HV says 18oz is the minimum they need at this stage so thats fine.

I just watch for signs of dehydration and then he picks up in a few days. As long as they arent loosing weight or getting dehydrated then its ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

BTW he has 2 now :cheer:

Cheers Sarah, sounds just like she is at the mo. Today is day 4, so I'm praying she bloody gets some soon!

I just tried a slower teat, different bottle, ashton and parsons powder, bonjella lol!! Only thing that seemed to help is Calpol. If she's still like it in a few days I better take her to the Docs to get her checked out. They seem to think I'm paranoid though :roll:

aww hun :hug: :hug:

how much milk do you think she is getting? is her fonatanelle sunken at all? Sod the docs and what they think, you're her Mummy and you know when something isnt right. They expect new babies to have a lot of visits to the docs so dont worry xxxxx

Logans been screaming and refusing his bottles due to his gums hurting over the past few days. I find if I put some calgel on his gums, then try again a few mins later it helps. Hopefully they'll all cut a tooth soon and it'll get better :hug: :hug:

Tillytots said:
aww hun :hug: :hug:

how much milk do you think she is getting? is her fonatanelle sunken at all? Sod the docs and what they think, you're her Mummy and you know when something isnt right. They expect new babies to have a lot of visits to the docs so dont worry xxxxx

She got about 16oz today. Normally she'd have double that. Her fontanelle is always a bit sunken - well it was because of the reflux, its been a lot better lately (they told me it wasn't connected with her sicking!). It was a bit sunken earlier. I might try giving her some water in a sippy cup tomorrow.

muppetmummy said:
Logans been screaming and refusing his bottles due to his gums hurting over the past few days. I find if I put some calgel on his gums, then try again a few mins later it helps. Hopefully they'll all cut a tooth soon and it'll get better x

I bloomin hope so. I'm gonna get some Dentinox gel i think as it says on the website you can re-apply it every 20 mins! As opposed to 3 hours with bonjella!!!
:hug: :hug:

bless her, poor little sweetpea!

at least she has had some, definately try her with the water. Also what I do with James is just keep making feeds, I waste ALOT of milk but I offer him a feed every hour when he is like that. It means I sit with him mostly all day and throw away a hell of alot of milk but I worry like you are that he isnt getting enough :hug: :hug: let us know how she is tommorrow. Take her to the docs just so they can check her out. They will take her lack of milk seriously as it could lead to dehydration xx

Gonna dreamfeed her as well. I only dropped it last week! lol. She took an extra 3oz like that last night, so in my opinion its worth it at the mo.

I don't care about wasting milk either... ITs the bloomin gaviscon I can't waste. Plus she can't have more than 6 lots in 24 hours :roll: I dunno these babies eh.

I forgot to say well done Jamesy with all those teeth!!! And thanks for your advice, I appreciate it - esp as you have other things on your mind at the mo. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back