reflux

petchy

Reaction score
ever since birth ruben has been almost impossible to settle, crying in pain almost all the time - which is why i've not had time or energy to post on here much! at first we (me and the HV) thought it might be wind or colic, but infacol had no effect whatsoever after over a week of taking it.

then i started to find out about reflux, and realised that ruben had a lot of the symptoms. for instance he brings a lot of his milk up between feeds, not just the normal possetting, but loads. it just runs out of his mouth when he lays down especially. i've had to start putting him to sleep on his side as he chokes on it when he's on his back! he never sleeps completely peacefully, and stirs a lot in his sleep (when he does sleep that is) brings his knees up to his chest and arches his neck and back in pain.

the HV was here today so i mentioned it to her, and it just so happened that he was sick and cried etc whilst she was here.she agreed with me it sounded like it could be reflux, and i went and saw the GP this afternoon. she prescribed him gaviscon infant - and i hope it works!!! i can't take much more of this crying almost 24 hours a day (and i'm on my own as well, OH is at work and college most of the time)

has anyone elses baby had reflux?? and did you use gaviscon? how long is it supposed to take before it works? i BF ruben and i have to give him the medicine it a bit of water after each feed - he had one dose so far and he clearly hated the taste! next time i'll express some breastmilk and mix it with that instead i think. maybe it will take away the taste of it.

anyone else with similar experiences? it would help to know i'm not alone!!!

If i can remember correctly - Sami had this problem. I'm sure she'll come to your resque. :wink:
Good luck
Emilia xx

Saw a thread somewhere tonight about "reflux and infant gaviscon is rubbish". Worth a read maybe?

Yip - that thread I mentioned is in the "Feeding" section. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back