finally decided on a name...i think

jools221181

Reaction score
hi there everybody! i think we have finally found a name for our little boy that we both love and just wondered if everyone thinks it sounds ok? we have chosen Brody. its been hard as our surname is REA but pronounced REAR (irish apparently!!) we had a long list but its hard to find one that fits with our surname!! unfortunately we did have Connor at the top of our list till it occured to us how cruel that would be!!!! so we are thinking BRODY GORDON REA.( Gordon is after my husbands late dad and we will use this middle name whichever first name we decide on!)
We would really appreciate your oppinions as what sound ok to us may sound bloody awful to everyone else!!! thankyou xxx :D

I think thats lovely, I've said it out loud a few times and it sound good too!!!

On a separate note....I'm guessing from your log in name that tomorrow might be your birthday?....so HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow if it is :cheer:

aww thanks! how nice of you to notice! i almost forgot myself my head is full of BABY at the mo! thanks for letting me know what you think!!

OMG ive just reread my message and what i meant to say is our surname is pronounced RAY but most people pronounce it REAR from the way it is spelt (REA)!! im confusing myself now!!! :doh:

jools221181 said:
OMG ive just reread my message and what i meant to say is our surname is pronounced RAY but most people pronounce it REAR from the way it is spelt (REA)!! im confusing myself now!!! :doh:

hehe - pregnancy brain strikes again!!! :D

I've said it again out loud, and I still think it sounds absolutely fine hun!

phew! was getting myself in a flap then!! isnt it strange how it affects us?you think thats bad? i started crying in meadowhall the other day coz i couldnt switch the tap on in the toilet! then to top it off i couldnt find my way out of the toilets!! all good fun eh? loving every minute though!! :wink:

hehe - I almost put my mug in the bin this morning instead of the sink - then I threw a tantrum :rotfl:

It's terrible I hate it.

:lol:

Edit, in case you don't know Jools, check out my sig.

I must say I was a bit worried at the prospect of you calling him Conner Rear (sounds an awful lot like something else) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

But Brody sounds really good :D

thanks everyone for your opinions! urchin - it took me a while but i realised what you meant! its nice to know someone else already has this name!!! can i be nosey and ask what made you choose it? i had never even heard of it till DH said he liked it!! what is very strange is Mason is also a name we love but i dont think it goes as well with our surname!
Looking on here though, theres lots of lovely names you have all chosen!!

I knew someone who had a boy called Brodie and we liked it then...but also we are big scuba/shark fans and there's Captain Brodie from Jaws!

:lol:

ahh thanks for that! i remember someone mentioning something about jaws when i told them we liked the name!! i love it!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back