Does this look like a baby bump to you?!

me,mygirlsandi - this morning, about 10:30.

i dont feel 100% yet... ive got a lot of thinking to do. i guess i can kiss goodbye any chances of modeling (as if that was going to happen anyway... but still...) and high grades and normal school life...
i just hope will (boyfriend) doesn't leave me.
and i don't know how im going to approach telling my parents.
my mum's got terminal cancer, and one of her saddest regrets was that she would never meet her grandchildren - so at least maybe there's a chance of that happening now.

you did all the tests at the same time? god you must have a good bladder :lol: you can still get a good education, it will be hard work, but is entirely possible! in my experience, the best way with parents is just to come straight out with it, worked both times for me, was bloody scary, but its better out than in! sorry to hear about your mum :hug:

Im agreeing with me mygirlsandI here, the best way to tell your parents is to just come out with it. My parents rang me just to say hi on the day I found out so i just blurted it out to them and it was alot easier than I thought. The FOB however still hasnt told his parents and now its gone on so long its going to be awful telling them. And you can deffinatly still get a good education and have a child. If youve just started you As levels then you can finish this year then maybe take a year out and then finish them at college and then either go uni or do what you wish! I think trying to stay positive is the best way to go at the moment. So sorry to hear about your mum as well. x

Oh have you worked out how far along you would be?

:hug: I'm sure Will is just in shock and it'll take him a bit of time to get his head around things.

Seems strange that you'd get a negative test result if you did conceive in November though, especially if you got 2 positives. What brand were they? x

i didnt do them all at the same time, not really wanting to go into details but i drank ALOT of water... maybe hence why the last was negative, i dont know.

if ive got it right, i'll be almost 10 weeks when i have the doctors appointment.

education-wise, im just more concerned that i wont have the time after it's born, if we choose to keep it. but early days.

and also... what have i got to look forward to (if i am positive) these next couple of weeks?

Ahhh youve got the joys of meeting the midwife and the many many blood tests they take. But I suppose given your dates you wouldnt be long off having your first scan, which is a fantastic experience! Makes all the blood tests worth it lol.

It's always possible to work something out education wise :hug: I've known someone who took her exams days from her due date, and someone else who took a couple of years out then got herself a law degree :) ...anything's possible if it's what you want

melio, are the blood tests with needles and how many are there? ive never had any injections or vaccines etc before (hence nervousness of needles), will this effect my baby?
and the scan sounds kind of exciting. secretly im beginning to love this idea that there's something growing inside me, but another part of me doesnt want to acknowledge it yet. does that make sense? i have so many mixed emotions.
sam's mum, those girls' determinations amaze me. i hope i can be like them one day.

you will have to have loads of bloods taken in pregnancy to make sure everything is going well they test for your blood group and hiv, sti ect . .. and you can get one done for downs and spinia bifida just to be sure also they will re test your blood at the end just to make sure you r blood type is what they have down on their paperwork i had to have two other ones to check for diabetes too its not nice but it wont harm baby only do the best for baby x x x x

The blood tests are fine, they do them at once (at the booking appt for first lot) so they get out of the way. Its just to see your blood type and you can get tested for HIV and all that jazz if you want. I was exactly the same as you I think, I didnt want to get pregnant, but then when I found out I was, I started to get excited, but felt as though I shouldnt because it was completly the wrong time and everything was mixed up. In the end I told myself to wait until the scan and after that I was allowed to get as excited as I wanted no matter what the situation was. lol sounds strange but it makes you feel better!

I do hope things go the way you want them too though, thats the most important thing i think. :)

I'm sure you will be if it's what you want :)

How faint were the positive test lines? Can you take some pics so we can obsess over them? :lol: (when you've been here a while you'll learn that we all love squinting at fuzzy photos of pregnancy tests!) x

heyyy, just caught up with this thread and congrats on your pregnancy!
just thought you might like to know ive just turned 18 today :dance: and im 5months pregnant with a little girl
i told my mum three days after i found out and she was really supportive and so are all the doctors and midwives
as for your career and education, there are loads of options for you still, im going back to study after ive had baby on a one day a week course at college :)
i hope things go the way you want them too and good luck, us girls are all here for you if you ever need advice :)
x

hi ive just read the thread and congrats being pregnant is the most wounderful thing that can happen yes it can be scary and bloods to be taken can be daunting lol but the scans you get is all worth it in the end and feeling the kicks and everything for the first time is amazing i had a gud pregancy wi my lo at first i was scared coz my oh didnt know what he wanted coz he works full time and was shocked at me being pregnant but it took him a few months to get use to it lol i think thats because everyone was talking about it but now ive had her 2 weeks ago and he sat thru the birth and labour with me he thinks shes the most amazing thing to happen to him apart from me lmao it takes men longer to get use to the idea of being a parent.

as your career goes its not the end of it i think you can get help with child care some unis normally have child care facilities and some colleges do to there is also sure start. if youve already got a uni picked you could always check out weather any child care facilities are there. you never know your parent could support you and help you look after your lil one i wouldnt worry to much about your education atm but i know its hard not too you soon have friends and family rally round you and help you out too.

but good luck anyways xxx

Ah hun its totally possible for you to continue your education. Your baby wont be born before the end of this year, so you can carry on as normal with your AS levels, then you could take a year out, your college will do that,its no problem, thats the joy of the AS/A2 system. By that time your baby will be 1 year old and sleeping more through the night, and be old enough to go into childcare or just stay with a relative while you're in college. A lot of working mums go back to work after the baby is 1 so your situation wouldnt be any different from the norm. Once you've finished your A2s you'll have a lot of choices, if you think Uni is on the cards, then maybe take another year or 2 out and start uni when your little one starts school.

I know this all seems quite scary but Im just giving an example of how you could do it. It might take a couple more years to get through it but in the mong run it doesnt really matter as long as you get the education you planned for in the end.

Good luck with your boyfriend, my boyfriend is 28 and we've been living together for 2 years and he found it hard to deal with lol, give him some space, but make sure you invite him to appointments etc... the more involved he is the quicker he will come to terms with it. We had our scan the other day and it was so amazing,I went to the loo after and came out and he was crying the corridoor and smiling at the smae time looking at the pics, then he just said "Im gonna be a daddy" and gave me a massive hug. :) I think men need to see it to believe it (not as bright as us girls!! ;) )

I was really nervous about telling my parents because they are quite old fashioned and we're not married but they are so excited, like you said, the thought of getting a grandchild is a wonderful thing for your parents. They will worry about you, but all you can do about that is ask them to trust and support you, and show them how mature you are and how well you will cope and they will be bursting with pride.

Good luck with your doctors appointment, take the time to ask as many questions as you need to. And I would advise telling your parents asap, even though I know its the scariest thing, once they've got over the shock, their support and advice will be essential to you, after all, your mum has been through it herself! x

Hello Congratulations on your pregnancy, I will be due around the same time as you and im only 22, i already have 1 child who is 3!
Im sure your partner will come round its a big shock to men as they dont really understand!
All the best hun xx

yer im 21 and i have a 2yr old and a 1yr old and im ttc number three and i have just qualified as a reborn artist so antything is possible bab x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back