AFTER EPISIOTOMY

treena9673

Reaction score
Sorry if I seem niave
This is my 2nd baby (last one a section birth)
This time i had a normal delivery
With episiotomy and forceps
My question is HOW SHOULD YOUR LADY BITS LOOK AFTER STITCHING?

I have looked and the stitches dont close the whole length of the cut.
It is gapping from half way along to the outer edge :oops:
So in effect the opening is going to heal a LOT larger than it originally was.
Is this a problem???
Please someone reply

Katrina
xxxxxx

I had the same delivery as you, forceps and episiotomy. I was a bit shocked when I had a look 'down there' as it was just like you described. Anyhow this was just a couple of days after giving birth so I asked my midwife to check everything was ok cos I felt as if they hadnt stitched me up properly or something. She said everything was fine (which I am sure yours will be too) but they had stitched sort of internally if you know what I mean? The episiotomy cut was pretty deep and they had repaired it sort of halfway through. I healed pretty quick but to be honest with you my bits do look a bit different to before but as for sex my hubby says it feels the same as before so try not to worry about it, I think we just have to accept we are never going to be the same again but its not somewhere too many people should be looking at anyway, eh?! I find my minging jellybelly a lot more of a concern! :hug:

Yep, mine was the same and felt 'gappy' for ages. I wasn't brave enough to look but I felt like I had two holes for a while :oops: .

They stitch in layers after an episiotomy and it does heal from the inside out so it'll feel odd for ages. Mine was OK after about 8 weeks, although I am still aware of the scar and think I always will be :(

Yeah I can feel the scar too when I touch it Minxy makes me a feel a bit sick :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back