Does anyone which there OH would be more enthusiastic??

pacha

Reaction score
I just wish he would say 'what do you think about this name'? or 'what do you think about getting one of these'?

Perhaps I am asking too much :think: or maybe its just my hormones and I am getting pissed off easily :lol:

I booked the scan today and called him first to check the date. So I say to him after work 'so are you excited about the scan' to which he replies 'Hmph..when is it again'?

I just with he would be a little bit more enthusiastic or show a little more interest.

I said to him but he said that 'guys dont really get excited about stuff like scans' and 'what can I really do though, its not as if I can book scans for you' and 'guys dont get excited until the baby is in their arms as it isnt real until then'.

Grrrrrrr :twisted:

I do sympathise with you :hug: My hubby tries but i can tell hes not really that intrested :roll: he likes going to the scans and seeying bubs but thats about it, when i'm looking at baby stuff to buy on the net he's just "whatever its up to you" :wall: :wall: :wall:

My husband is really happy about the baby and is being great helping me out and stuff but yeah, i know what you mean about the lack of excitement. Tbh i do think it's very different for them. We're the ones feeling the changes and thinking about pregnancy all the time. For them, their input was over very quickly! I'm sure as the time gets closer and when the baby arrives they'll feel all the excitement that has been building gradually for us for months :)

I wish my OH was more excited, his mum is more excited than him, pfff. I know he will love baby though, its just men i think! :lol:

meandthebump said:
For them, their input was over very quickly!

*snigger*

My OH is as excited as I could expect him to be really. I agree it's not like it consumes their every thought like it does for us. Bet he'll be so excited once baby is here :hug:

YES!!!!!! My poor OH works 16 hour days and he tries his best- asks how we are and feels her at night and talks to her for a minute a day. But that's about it- not reading much or making any of the plans with me :|
But they say a Dad becomes a Dad at the birth but a Mum becomes a Mum right from the start of pregnancy...

meandthebump said:
purplepants said:
Minxy said:
meandthebump said:
For them, their input was over very quickly!

*snigger*
I'm so glad im not the only one that found that comment rather ammusing :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:think: Maybe my husband wouldn't approve of me telling you girls that his part was 'quick'
Neither would mine so...... :shhh: Shhhhhh lets not tell them (would not want them thinking there manlyness was in question :roll: ), What they dont know wont hurt them :wink:

thank goodness im not the only one who feels like this!!

and the quick input comment really made me chuckle!!! hehe

I think it's different for most men, they do their bit and that's it until it pops out, that's when it becomes real to them but to us it's real because we can feel it and hormones etc...

To be fair I can't complain about mine, but sometimes when I say I wanna get this pram, or that cot he's like "looks nice". And I'm like "NICE?!" :evil: but generally he's pretty happy and excited as me.

I am glad it's not just me who feels like this also!
I remember feeling the same when I was pregnant with my girls, and as soon as they were born he switched into protective, loving dad mode and was suddenly emotional! During the pregnancy he rarely felt the bump, and when I talked about things, he seemed disinterested.
This time it feels a bit better, but I know that the minute the LO comes into the world, it'll be different all over again. Oh god, I'm gonna cry.

My OH has been quite good and enjoys being at the scan and is excited about the pregnancy. He was more excited with the first though.

Generally my hubby is pretty good. He talks to me tummy, and even went out on his own to buy baby clothes the other day :shock:

But I think because he can't 'feel' the pregnancy, it's not at the forefront of his mind as much as me - which is understandable I guess. When I tell him I can feel the baby moving, he always asks how long it'll be before he can feel it too - like he's only interested if he can participate, which again, I can kind of understand.

I know he'll leap into action once the baby is here, but sometimes I wish he felt a little bit more of a sense of urgency about getting everything ready - the idea of premature labour, or even the baby coming one day before it's due date doesn't seem to even register with him! In my head, I wanted everything sorted by the time I've viable at 24 weeks just in case, but that seems nigh on impossible now!

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my Husband has only everso slighty improved on his enthusiasm. in fact that's too strong a work probably interest is better. I think he feels obliged to come to the scans but i haven't pushed him. He doesn't find me attractive in pregnancy at all and sex is definately off the menu. Everyone else tells me I look lovely and haven't put on any weight anywhere else except for my bump which every one says is quite small and my boobs which have completely gone the other way and are massive to the point of being obscene!
I'm sure that there are more men out there who find Pregnancy a very difficult subject to those who embrace it whole heartedly. I've given up worring about what he thinks now and that's the first time in my life that I've been able to do this, I've been so hung up on my body shape for as long as I remember that I've crippled myself emotionally about it. Now I feel wonderful this has been the most content with myself that i can ever remember. Everyone tells me how it really suits me and do you know what I beleive them because I can see it myself. I know that after the birth I will want to regain my figure but this time I know i'll be doing it all for me and not for anyone else.
This is a very precious time, enjoy it, he will come round I promise he probably is very scared about how he will cope , it is a massive change for both of you but remember you have all the good bits he can't experience and therefore may not understand how you can be so excited about something he cannot see yet.
Just wait till it's here he won't be able to do enough for you both. Only you know him and my guess is you know it'll be ok in the end. That thought keeps me sane! x

My OH is completely crap and i mean that,he has no interest what so ever.He doesn't mean it,but he's a blokey bloke and can't stand all this pregnancy stuff.Anyway its easier if he's not envolved.He comes to the scans and helps with names but thats about it.We have 4 kids and i think he's changed about 12 nappies altogether,he is completley hopeless(bless).

So it seems to be a general guy thing then :rotfl:

However, he came home last night and must have taken note of my earlier moan as he said 'why dont we go next week and pick some paint out for the nursery and pic up that border and blanket you saw in mamas & papas' :cheer: Awww bless him - He then said that it will be nice when the nursery is done as if we ever are stressing about the baby coming we can take a minute and sit in the nursery and look at it all.

Now I feel bad for moaning :angel:

Drat them, don't you just hate it when you get yourself all worked up to being cross with them and then they go and do something really cute. Grrr. Still I guess that's why we keep 'em around :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back