Does your OH believe there is a baby in there?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
My DH felt the baby for the first time last night, but he wasn't overly excited because he said he doesn't really believe it yet.

He thought I had swallowed or had some sort of muscle spasm when he felt the kick.

It seems to be quite common that the OH doesn't believe it yet, how about everyone else on here?

DH is really scared about having the 4D scan, he said it scares him more than the thought of me going into labour. The reason? Well at the previous scans although the shape looked human, he didn't really connect it with what we are going to end up with at the end. By seeing her face, he thinks it will make it more real.

Men are strange!!

I got him to take my piccy on sunday (see tummy pics). I think it is unmistakable that there is something in there. What do you think?

I must admit though, I find it hard to believe it some days myself!

aww thats so sweet, bless him lol

my OH talks to my bump every night and lays his head down on it, he keeps asking him to come out now coz he wants to see what he looks like lol

Im hoping to get one of those 3D scans so that he can see the baby that way and stop bugging him to come out early, hehe

Sometimes i forget myself - until i feel a kick!
My DH has felt the baby move once but doesn't seem to get overly excited when i describe it - it must be hard to imagine what it feels like. He probably will be more excited when he sees it moving around x

lucky you!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't felt mine move, so bizarrely, it's me wondering if there is anything left in there!...I even wonder if my bump is not decreasing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am going mad!

sorry :oops:

mel xx

I still find it hard to believe it myself, even when i feel a kick. My husband also strokes my tummy and talks to it, we were both singing to it the other day and at the end of each line the baby kicked, it was so sweet, although maybe she was telling us to shut up :D

My OH has felt the baby kick once and said "I think I felt something there" - but he doesn't get excited about it...I remember being disappointed that he didn't get all gooey over our second scan the way I did, and start seeing family resemblances. He told me he didn't see the point!

BUT he did start talking to the bump when I rather pointedly asked him if he was excited at all - and he talks to it regularly now that I'm getting so big...sheesh I think I'm huge, my colleagues all tell me I'm as neat as a pin! It IS getting harder to put my shoes and socks on though!

Sue

Up until today my OH has been very much 'been there, done that'. All of a sudden he's decided we're breastfeeeding, having reusable nappies and he's been to argos to buy a first stage car seat without me asking. Think the reality has dawned.

After unpacking the car seat, he brought down Charlottes baby Annabel and dressed it in the baby clothes to test the car seat thoroughly. I'm not sure whether to call out the men in white coats!!!

Tracy xx

Very funny that! I wonder if my OH will do that!

Actually the DH seems to believe things more since the scan on friday. He keeps asking me if the 'boy has kicked recently', since he saw him yawn on the screen he is more believing.

Also he sat next to the bath on sunday morning to watch my belly going up and down. We were both transfixed :lol:

After unpacking the car seat, he brought down Charlottes baby Annabel and dressed it in the baby clothes to test the car seat thoroughly. I'm not sure whether to call out the men in white coats!!!

:lol:

DH has gotten into a routine now of rubbing on my belly cream before we go to sleep at night and having a 5 minute bond with Ella. She normally wakes up when I lie down to go bed so he gets lots of kicks. Has anyone noticed that the baby moves differently when you've got your hand there compared to DH or anyone else? She used to stop moving when he put his hand on my belly but now she responds to him and his voice. She moves more and differently when I have my hand there. When my mum puts her hand on or speaks to her she completely stops ! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back