Doctor's Appointment

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
I had my first appointment with the doctor today to tell them I am pregnant. I had the most postive and wonderful 10 minutes with him! He was so lovely I came out of there feeling a renewed excitement!

Something that I was especially impressed with was that he took swabs for Strep B and Bacterial Vaginosis - both which he said can put you at risk of preterm labour; something that threatened me last time at 34 weeks but was put down to a urine infection, nothing else was tested for though at the time. He has also advised me to ask to midwife to test for Chickenpox immunity when I have my bloods done in a couple of weeks as there is no record of it on my file. He was pretty thorough and really pleased for me!

6 weeks on Friday so almost half way to the big 12! Midwife appointment at the end of the month too :)

Hope everyone in their first few weeks is feeling good xxx

happy you had a good appointment my mw with my two was rubbish always good to feel like they want to be there and help too x

Sounds like your in good hands hun.
Congratulations!!
xx

Hi,
Glad it all went well, you have your first mw appt. pretty quick too - i'm jealous and sure i'll be waiting at least another two - three weeks for mine, would be nice to hear bubbas heart beat soon x

:thumbup: That reminds me I need to book for my Strep B testing at 36 wks :)

:thumbup: That reminds me I need to book for my Strep B testing at 36 wks :)

I had to ask about it before he said he would swab for it; Im annoyed that I dont have all the info from my labour with #1 because it would have told me why I had to have iv antibiotics back then; maybe it was for Step B and they didnt tell me? Could that possibly have happened? Maybe Im over worrying but after they cocked up with me I cant help but think I didnt get the full picture! :shakehead:

My understanding with Strep B is that you need testing just before labour as it can come and go in a relatively short period of time. So if your swab comes back clear now you'd still need swabbing again between 36-38 weeks for them to be sure you were clear. It's not offered as standard here so I paid privately. If you think it might have been why you had IV anti biotics, then I'd push for a re swab when youre term. :)

Glad you had a good appointment! Your doc sounds a lot more thorough than mine, although I was pretty pleased with how my first appointment went on the whole, given I was told that he probably wouldn't even notice I was in the room! First midwife appt isn't until 5th Jan though so a little time to wait yet!

Glad you had a great appointment hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back