Midwife appointment..

hipchick5

Reaction score
im a bit confused.. my scan is on the 27th of dec, but shud i see a midwife b4 then? i was at the docs a few weeks ago gettin my pregnancy confirmed but i never made an appointment to see my midwife..

Yes, you should have a booking appointment before your scan...

Hi,

The mw sees you at around 8 weeks here. It really depends on how they operate at your surgery - I know when I had my first I saw the doc and they arranged the antenatel care, but ever since then I've had to make an appointment direct with the m/w and the docs haven't really got involved unless there has been a problem.

I'd say give your surgery a call and ask for some advice.

Mine book you in at 8 weeks too! I went to my doctors on the Tuesday and registered the pregnancy and the m/w rang me on the Thursday to book an appointment for when I reached 8 weeks!!

If your unsure hun, ask the reception at your doctors, as they normally have a midwife which runs clinic once/twice a week at most surgery's. If not ask them for the local m/w number (there should be central line for all m/w in your area), and get in touch that way. :D

Maybe I should ring the MW's too. With Eefie I saw Dr as you have to and then I'm sure he told me to make an appointment with the MW's and he'd send off the letters to the hossie etc. This time Dr said she'd send off the letters and said MW's would contact me :? Last time I was booked in at 8 weeks, still havent heard anything this time so dunno....!

bulb said:
Mine book you in at 8 weeks too! I went to my doctors on the Tuesday and registered the pregnancy and the m/w rang me on the Thursday to book an appointment for when I reached 8 weeks!!

That's how mine works down here, and when I saw the midwife at 8 weeks, she booked my dating scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back