Do you think the old saying is true...

Craig

Reaction score
...about someone who cheats in a relationship, that they'll never change? :?

Just curious to what you girls (and guys...) think is all.

Yes i think people can change, i cheated on my ex and i think it was down the reason that i knew deep down we wouldnt last, even though it did for a few years, with my now boyfriend, i have never looked at another bloke, i know he is the one for me and i love him so much with all my heart, i wouldnt do anything to break up or damage our relationship and i know he wouldnt, he is everything i could ever ask for and more and know we will be together forever! sorry for rambling on lol x

I think in that relationship they wont change, unless a lot of time has passed.
Everyone who's cheated on me would do it again, simple as, they dont change.
It's most likely becasue the relationship isnt right

yes I do, people are capable of changing

Completely depends n the person!

I have cheated in the past (once!) and have never looked at another bloke since, i put it down to a stupid mistake that il always regret.

I do believe people can change.

My (ex)husband cheated on me about a year into our relationship. I'm not the type of girl to blame myself for things but I can totally understand why he did it and it was for affection. I went really cold on him, no cuddles/no sex/no kisses. On the night of his birthday he was going out with friends and came over to kiss me and I told him no. He went out that night and on the same night I found out he'd kissed another girl, got as far as climbing into bed with her and was promptly sick and stumbled home. (That was his story anyway :wink: ) Anyway he explained to me after that he really felt as though I didn't love him anymore and our relationship was coming to an end. He did everything in his power to prove he loved me and would never do anything like that again.

We went onto marry (obviously lol) and he was a brilliant husband. Unfortunately he over compensated for the fact he had cheated, was eaten with guilt and turned into a person I didn't love anymore and we split.

Sorry that was a rant but I do strongly believe people can change but not everyone :)

thanks for your thoughts and opinions girls - much appreciated. :)

sorry - after being 'bitten' more than once by my ex i dont think people can change, even when HE wanted to work things out I found out he was having a full blown fling, which turned out to be one of many and some i still never found out about.

i also think that when someone has had an affair no matter how short or long if you try to work things out it is always there in the back of your mind.

In some ways I want to say yes they can....but Im not sure.

I suppose people can change in different relationships but if they have cheated once I would be waiting for it too happen again in the same relationship. If you cheat you cant possibly be happy with the relationship you have if you want "more". So I say if you stick with someone likley hood is it will happen again unless there are some major changes! But someone you have just met admits cheating in the past (no more than once out of all relationships) then yes I think they can be different.

i think it depends why they cheated in the first place, i have cheated on some ex boyfriends and would never consider it on others (or my OH).

Sandi

Hmmm... I voted "no" it's not true because I think each situation varies...

My opinion on people changing is a little different though.. I don't think people can "change" as such (personality wise), just mould themselves into a better/worse person and control themselves better. They can "change" a situation or "change" their lifestyle etc... Someone who is violent can control their anger, but can't "change" the fact they are short tempered if that makes sense?

I see cheating as an action not a personality trait, and so I don't think it's true :D

LOL I wish I could just cut my posts down into a few hard hitting/to-the-point words :wall: :roll: xxx

abcd1234 said:
I think in that relationship they wont change, unless a lot of time has passed.
Everyone who's cheated on me would do it again, simple as, they dont change.
It's most likely becasue the relationship isnt right

Agreed.

I cheated on an ex numerous times..but wouldn't dream of cheating on my OH.

So no it's not true in my opinion :)

Im not sure...

Ive never cheated and im pretty sure i havent been cheated on.

But i think maybe some people can change...
If you really love a person you wont cheat...

But if your in a relationship that your in for the sake of it or whatever... maybe someone would...
But not on their next partner who they have real feelings for :think:

Thanks. I agree to an extent, depends on the person etc... i used to cheat, but wouldnt dream of it now, just doesnt interest me... but in the same vein, i know plenty of mates (male and female) who cant help themselves, always have to be flirting with other people if not taking it further :think:

Craig said:
Thanks. I agree to an extent, depends on the person etc... i used to cheat, but wouldnt dream of it now, just doesnt interest me... but in the same vein, i know plenty of mates (male and female) who cant help themselves, always have to be flirting with other people if not taking it further :think:
I think it depends on the person to be honest. i cheated on an ex and i think it was lots of reasons, i was young (17 at the time!), niave, childish and knew the relationship wasnt going to last. Now im in a relationship with my OH i wouldnt even dream of looking at another man, nevermind cheating on him, some people however cheat because they get the thrill out of it, can do what they want, sneaking around etc etc.... there are lots of people like it BUT then again there are people like me and you, who have cheated in the past but once we find that 'special person' we wouldnt think twice! :)

Not so sure - the trust has gone so the cheated on would always be suspicious!

i think different relationships are new starts and if they've cheated before that doesn't mean they'll cheat on you. But think if they've cheated on you then something must be wrong with the relationship and its time to move on as you'll never be sure if they'll do it again. xx

I think that a person who truly cheats as a habit needs to make some major changes in order for them to not do it again. I used to be very depressed and cheated in my relationships often before I was married. Before my OH and I got engaged I couldn't handle the guilt anymore, the stress it put on my life and my heart to be a liar, and I knew I never wanted to cheat again, ever. I have changed my ways and treat my husband with the sort of respect I want to be treated with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back