Living apart relationships (plz answer, I need advice)

lulu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if any of you guys live apart in your relatonship, i.e you and OH are together but have seperate houses. I know someone on here reently did this and it brought that little spark back but cant remember who it was, Also just want a glimpse of how it works for people and if it works. Things like...

How does it work?

How far apart do you live?

Do you see the kids? as much as you would like? Is it harder with younger kids (babies)?

How is the relationship?

What about issues like school, finances etc?

Pluses and minuses?

Any advice would be great. :D Thanks

I live with my mum and dad and he lives with his, about 3 miles away.
Willow is with me. he sees her every weekedn in term time, and more or less every day in the holidays. During twerm time, of course, it can get a little tricky cause he misses W and sometimes we can't get together as much as we'd like. Our relationship is great. Obviously I am left with most of the care during the week, but I like it as at the weekend he does everything for her, and enjoys it more cause he doesn't see her all the time. Also, I think our relationship is beter, in a way, because there was never a scenario where we were pissing each other off as we struggled with a newborn etcetc...being apart means that I miss him and like it when he comes, as opposed to wishing he'd bugger off somewhere and stop getting under my feet :lol:

Minuses? Well, sometimes during the week when I'm stressed, instead of being able to chuck the baby at him, I just have to get on with it, as it wouldn't be fair on my parents to give them W. Also, we don't get much free time together, like other people do when the kids are in bed, or something. But apart from that, it is going well. Might not be ideal at times, but we have it working quite nicely :lol:

Hi there, I love the name Willow by the way!

Thanks for your reply. I would probably also stay at his during the week as he does shifts, so there will be times he works weekends but not in the week etc. Also if Im at uni, his house (this house at mo) is closer.

I can def see the positives but also see what you mean about sometimes wanting help with the care.

Hmm??? so much to think about.

How does it work? i lived apart from malc until kieron was 12 i lived with my parents and he lived with his for financial reasons

How far apart do you live? we were only aboy 15 mins away

Do you see the kids? as much as you would like? Is it harder with younger kids (babies)? malc say kieron every day

How is the relationship? we have now been togeather 22 years and are now married

What about issues like school, finances etc? i was better off when we were living apart than what i am now we are married

Pluses and minuses? no privacy and does cause alot of arguments but better of money wise

me and my OH live apart
Im in leeds, hes in rotherham so a good 35 miles (40-50 min drive) away.
We see each toher between 2 and 4 times a week (all a bit shit atm cos i cant see his son).
I hate it tbh...i mis him like crazy and our plans never go how we want them most of the time but i wouldnt change my OH for the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back