Do you think it it necessary to...

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
Wash all of baby's clothes and sheets before they wear them? It just seems such a shame to lose all that softness! What is the thinking behind doing it? Xx

Sorry i've not got a clue, my mother does this with any new clothes she buys, nevermind baby clothes etc. I've never bothered asking her why and just assumed its another one of her nutty habits..:lol: I'm not going to though, don't really see the point and I've got enough to do already.

I was told ur supposed to wash them all with softener but dont see the point really unless they are second hand...not to mention all the ironing it would create :( my poor back couldnt handle that!x

People do it with sheets n bedding coz u r meant to, it actually says on packet,

others do it with baby outfits coz other people will of had them in there hands in shop n u don't no who etc, things like baby grows n vest thats in packets people wash in case there's anything embroidered on or buttons that can become loose n then if it's washed u can usually see if it will come of so then baby don't get them in there mouth, personally I don't bother with most things n dint buy clothes with things that can come if etc

N some just prefer to wash everything in there nesting x

its not just that most items are dyed and giving them the 1st wash will makes sure any left over dye has gone plus they would of gather dust particles whilst in store and you cant beat the smell of fresh washing :)

its not just that most items are dyed and giving them the 1st wash will makes sure any left over dye has gone plus they would of gather dust particles whilst in store and you cant beat the smell of fresh washing :)

This. I've washed all my little mans stuff. The smell of comfort on baby's clothes is just yummy!

I've washed all the sheets, blankets and towels. And I've done all the first sizes and 0-3 months. Won't be doing the older stuff till later.

I didn't bother - none of my friends did so I saved myself the work!

I've washed all mine. Got a huge pile of ironing to do now which is going to break my back!!
My Dad couldn't understand why I was washing everything, I guess they didn't do it when I was born.

washed everything but I'm not ironing anything ,haha

Iron sitting down - it will take you a tad longer but will save your back!

I did think of ironing sitting down. Might give that a go.

Ooh! Conflicting suggestions! I guess it can't harm to wash them...it just seems so unnecessary. I understand about clothes being touched by other people but most things I've Bought have been in packets. Do you have to use non bio wash? And can u wash in same load as adult clothes or is it best to just do load for baby :) x

I used non bio and washed with adult clothes to make full loads.

i am washing eveything. i was told to ias you dont know where they have been before even stuff in packets and it may cause irritation on babyes skin.

just thought i would rather be safe than sorry. xxx

OMG I couldn't think of anything worse. I have soooooooooooooooo much stuff as wel I could be there til he's 2 ironing 0-3 stuff lol. I hate ironing with a vengeance. I didn't wash anything with my first I didn't even think of it. Blimey I had no idea people did that lol. I am organised but when it comes to washing and ironing like that I run a mile. I'll wash his stuff when he's worn it and got it grubby :). Fair play to those who do all that. I take my hat off to you xxxxxxxxxxxx

I washed mine with fairy washing powder with a bit of comfort conditioner as well.

I've bought 2 little second hand outfits from a baby sale that I washed and i've washed his bath towls and muslins to make them softer but thats it! I don't see the point on washing new clothes either! :) x

from production to packing to shipping to store equals lots of mucky people handling the clothes, i will deffinitely be washing them first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back