Do you need to wash baby clothes before first wear?

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
Do you need to wash new baby clothes before their first wear?

I want to get my hospital bag packed, not sure whether to wash babies clothes first or not.

i always have done not sure if ur supposed to but its always been my personal preference if you know what i mean

I've read that you should wash all the clothes (in non-bio) before the baby wears them.

I think I read it on here.....

i'm not going to wash everything.. i'll wash all the sleep suits i've bought so far.. and the baby towels.. but i don't think i'll wash the little outfits i'll get as presents when baby is here... is anyone going to wash the bedding? the sheets and blankets?

x

i washed just about everthing - main reason other than their sensitive skin was that i needed all of it to make a load up for the machine! all the little vests etc are so tiny they take up no room at all so i chucked all the sheets in as well!

glad i did though as Alex's skin was really sensitive when he was wee.

dont worry washing new stuff now he's older though.

x

I've washed all baby grows, sheets, socks, mitts and hats.....it was lovely seeing them all hanging on the line! I was told to wash them all because of some chemicals that can be on them when they are out in the shops....also cos babies can have such senstive skin.

Amy xx

i washed and ironed everything out of boredom before matthew arrived!! think its best to as they treat clothes to make them stay fresh on the shelves

some of the things i got in the next sale i washed as half of them were on the floor lol
but every thing else i didnt bother

I have washed sheets and body suits, vests etc in fairy non-bio and baby comfort - it was lovely seeing them on the washing line :lol:

Xxx

I will wash all baby clothes and bedding - I would just feel better knowing they are clean and washed in non-bio

Hmmm, a good mixture of responses.

I think I'll wash the vests/sleepsuits and sleeping bag thingys and mitts and hats and the teensy socks I've got.

Some things need washing because they smell, like the cuddle robe I got from Instore. Nice and cheap there but everything smells of rubber!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back