Do you think it it necessary to...

I've done the same as Pinkymum... washed everything up to 3 months in ecover. I think it's really newborn stuff that's the most important to wash to get any chemicals off them. Similar thinking to only using cotton wool and water to clean them because their skin is so sensitive at first. x

yup I think so anyway , I washed everything last time too .I was a bit insane about it and scrubbed out the drawers I wanted to used with disinfectant before putting the clean clothes away ,

Aw I just think it's personal opinion really I can totally understand y people wash everything as there precious Lil baby will be in close contact with them

But not a chance for me haha I know what's to come n baby might only wear a vest or out fit for 30mins b4 it's sick an stinks or pooed threw it then u will have to be washing it, plus I have a two-year old so washers always full anyway n never of,

I also think about all the Lil babys in other places like Africa that r wearing second hand clothes we send over etc n I'm sure the fact they don't wash them in softener first really dont effect the babys health, again its inly my opinion hehe

I some times think u can go ott n a few germs here n there would be good for them etc as it strengthens there Amun system up, I have an auntie that babied her two sons an was very ott with everything n as a result the poor kids were always Ill b it one thing after another bless em

Only my opinion tho x x x

It all makes sense... I think I will definitely put it on my list of things to do, but if everything gets too much I won't stress if I don't get time. Something to do oncebon maternity leave I think!! Xx

Aw I just think it's personal opinion really I can totally understand y people wash everything as there precious Lil baby will be in close contact with them

But not a chance for me haha I know what's to come n baby might only wear a vest or out fit for 30mins b4 it's sick an stinks or pooed threw it then u will have to be washing it, plus I have a two-year old so washers always full anyway n never of,

I also think about all the Lil babys in other places like Africa that r wearing second hand clothes we send over etc n I'm sure the fact they don't wash them in softener first really dont effect the babys health, again its inly my opinion hehe

I some times think u can go ott n a few germs here n there would be good for them etc as it strengthens there Amun system up, I have an auntie that babied her two sons an was very ott with everything n as a result the poor kids were always Ill b it one thing after another bless em

Only my opinion tho x x x
Your right :) it in down to opinion and now im so relaxed about dirt and germs , she was covered in muck out gardening with her grandad yesterday , I think I was just nesting like crazy and wanted to feel like I was doing something lol but Having a toddler now I don't think I'll have that time or energy xxxx

if you dont want to do all of its the most important are

towels they need a wash and dry so they absorb better
bibs- these will be going near your babies mouths
burp cloths for the above reason
scratch mitts these will also end up in your babies mouth
all sheets as you dont know what chemicals are on them plus nothing nicer than slipping inbetween freshly clean sheets have you ever put brand new bedding on its hard and doesnt smell nice

yeah, i think you are right midnight. I think i will definitely wash the above and maybe leave the clothes and if i get bored or restless i can wash those as well. I think what Nadine has said has stuck in my mind - 30 mins after you put them on they will poo or vomit on them!!! But i agree with the key things like what you've said above. My mum always tells me to wash towels as well before using them :) xx

A midwife I know explained that babys clothes have to be washed before wearing them because there skin is sensitive as a newborn and germs gather on the clothes that have been bought. X

This is one reason why i'm glad to be living back with my folks! My mum's cleaning obsessed and loves ironing :). I think all the stuff to 6 months has been washed/ironed/put away :). If it was down to me i'd have just washed the newborn and anything 2nd hand though.

I've always washed everything that was new, and this time we have a lot of charity shop items too, so I like to make sure. But Like with new bedding and what midnight said, I like how things feel when they aren't stiff with newness. Not worried about dirt but I find comfort in wearing things/using/handling things that have been washed (I'm a Fairy Powder user, mmmmmmmmmm).

Ok, I washed the clothes and sheets I have so far today! I thought all the clothes are unpacked anyway, so it isn't much effort to chuck them in the machine, and they looked so cute hung on the line after! - there is no way I am ironing them so it's partly done. This forum is brilliant at helping with things like this :)

Xx

I spent 2.5 hours ironing today and would say that at least 3/4 of that time was spent ironing the babies clothes etc. Thought it would never end. Wish I'd not bought so much for him now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back