Do you think hes protecting me?

Lydia_Sorrow

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and It was unexpected. Were both pretty young and Im really scared!

What if its not okay? What if we cant afford it? What if we cant handle the stress..?

All of that! but when I ask my partner about it, he says hes not scared at all. I would prefer him to be scared tbh because it makes me feel silly for worrying and kind of alone in my fears. I cant talk to him about all my worries because he brushes them off.

Is he protecting me and trying to make me worry less? How can he really feel nothing?
Help..

Men find it very hard to realise that a baby is actually coming until it's there! They'll brush it off because it's not real to them! They don't feel what you do and they don't go through their body changing. How far gone are you? If it's early days then it's totally normal. They only start realising when your the size of a house! My hubby I don't think really thought about it until I was in labour and that the baby was actually gonna come out :lol:

He's protecting you... Even if he doesn't fully accept the arrival of the new baby, he will be aware of the fact they are a huge impact financially, emotional and well just a huge impact.

You have the right to be afraid... It's really scary having a child. My husband brushes off having a baby, but we had a chat the other day, because my daughter's getting nerves, and we each admitted things that made us nervous about the impending arrival.

Tell him you are really worried about things, and you need someone to talk to... Sit down with him and go through all the things that worry you. Ask him if he feels the same because it makes you feel silly that he doesn't feel the same way.

You might not get any joy, but honesty and talking about things are always a positive step forward. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back