Do you cuddle your baby...

i do, always have, and probably will until he's to big for it! as it's the only way he falls asleep unless he's in his rocker or pram! i also have no idea how to try and get him to self settle, as i've tried controlled crying during the day at nap times, and he just ends up completely missing the nap :wall: as he works himself up so much, then i go and calm him down and then he wants to play!

i must admit, i dont mind though, my mum said she did it with both of us, and she had no problems when we were older when it came to bed time!

I don't at night, she is great at settling herself at night but I do during the day - in fact worse, I cuddle and walk! I don't think there is anything 'wrong' but I am trying to get out of the habit as am worried about when she goes into nursery (plus she might be too heavy!!) but she will be 1 then and hopefully will have dropped a nap then.

A still doesnt self settle and we ci-sleep. He doesnt respond to any sleep trainibg methods :wall:

sent from my Galaxy s2

A still doesnt self settle and we ci-sleep. He doesnt respond to any sleep trainibg methods :wall:

sent from my Galaxy s2

I love co-sleeping. Xxx miss it :(

sent from my Galaxy s2

I love co-sleeping. Xxx miss it :(

Its killing my back though and he wakes up if i stir but wont go to sleep by himself, even HVs shrugged their shiulders at my case

sent from my Galaxy s2

I have a bad back so I know what you mean, especially after I damaged my back when DS was 4 months old but I wouldn't swap co-sleeping for the world. DS let's me co-sleep if I nap with him at nap time but won't co-sleep at bedtime anymore :( xx does O have a dummy?

I have a bad back so I know what you mean, especially after I damaged my back when DS was 4 months old but I wouldn't swap co-sleeping for the world. DS let's me co-sleep if I nap with him at nap time but won't co-sleep at bedtime anymore :( xx does O have a dummy?
Spits themout like poison, I have 4 different types at home. He uses me as a dummy:shakehead:

Oh babe :( does it bother you co-sleeping?

Lilyanna is always sleeping lol
We never cuddle her too much as I had major problems with Jaycee so I don't advise it it's best they learn to self settle.. Nothing wrong with cuddles though don't get me wrong... Just with my past experience I'm dead against it personally..
She's only awake Max two hours in the day for about 15mins at a time and she's always in her reclined chair.. I swaddle her at night and she sleeps right through.. In the day she wakes every four hrs on the dot for feeds.. Don't know how she will be when she's older and more awake!

I don't cuddle him before going to sleep/naps, but I do cuddle him the rest of the day :)

Lilyanna is always sleeping lol
We never cuddle her too much as I had major problems with Jaycee so I don't advise it it's best they learn to self settle.. Nothing wrong with cuddles though don't get me wrong... Just with my past experience I'm dead against it personally..
She's only awake Max two hours in the day for about 15mins at a time and she's always in her reclined chair.. I swaddle her at night and she sleeps right through.. In the day she wakes every four hrs on the dot for feeds.. Don't know how she will be when she's older and more awake!

Personally I'm dead against a baby 'self-settling'. Just personal though.

I agree with jayceesmumma if its continued til they're a bit older it can be very difficult to stop & it can lead to a clingy baby & one that doesn't want to sleep on their own, its hard to get the balance right. Its not too much to worry about when LO is very small though.

:)

I would to if Devon would sit still long enougth to be cuddled! He will have little quick cuddles and then if any longer its only because he can see something at my level he is trying to get hold off!! He fights it in the daytime, and we rock him to sleep in the pushchair in the hall (cot too close to noisy older kids at weekends) and then I'm ready when I need to go out! and then at night, he self soothes and gos to sleep alone, but has music, background sounds to hide kids noise, and our bedside lamp, we do have to go back in now and plad him down again , sometimes it only takes once, tonight it took like 10 times !!

I have just given up breastfeeding, but when BF he would fall asleep on boob alot, the beaker is not as nice it seems!!

Last edited:
Oh babe :( does it bother you co-sleeping?
It does now because of my back plus i wake him up unintentionally but he wont go to sleep without me next to him

The most i got was 20-30 mins then he wakes up screaming:shock:
We tried sette and leave method but it made it worse, he would cry if i went to the toilet (and i never ever leave him alone to cry). I dont have a propere routine cause i cant go to bed at 7pm every day and i want evenings free to spend on other things. Or even during day time naps

How old is he? I wouldn't 'control cry' under 18 months so I don't blame you xxx I'm not a 'conventional' parent though as DS was allowed to set his own routine (as was DD) and he just naturally settled into sleeping on his own at 9 months old which a lot of 'conventional' mums i know frowned upon xx I completely understand the back thing though xxx I don't feel I'm being any use to you though as we continued to co-sleep through my back problems. I found it easier if I was on my side facing DS so if he stirred I could rearrange him to suit me iygwim? Sorry I can't be more help :(

Just to add- DD didn't sleep on her own until she was 2 xxx

He is 4 months, too early for controlled crying anf other things dont work. I do sleep on my side but in an awkward position I guess. He is a very light sleeper though, thats why he wakes up. I would be fine without a stricts routine but I can see he is tired and he would getter better sleep in his own bed if he learned to to self-settle.

He sleeps in a pram though when I go for a walk and in his bouncer during the day but not at night.

I am not super conventional but I want my bed back!

Awwwww xxx I know what you mean xx with him being so light a sleeper have you tried putting him in his cot and sitting next to it until he's asleep-then leaving? Or keeping cot next to your bed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back