Do you cuddle your baby...

I feed him to sleep! Keep reading it's bad but he just falls asleep no matter how much I annoy him!!

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't, just depends what mood he's in and what he needs. Plus I love cuddling him to sleep even though I know I'm probably making a rod for my back but thought I'd wait until 6 months before enforcing too much routine etc on him!

Yep! I still cuddle him to sleep for naps and I don't care how many people tell me it's 'wrong' :D

Just wanted to add that he self settles at night and has done since he was 9 months old and went in his own room xxx

I do sometimes, unless she falls asleep in her bouncer or after a feed xxx

Yep! I still cuddle him to sleep for naps and I don't care how many people tell me it's 'wrong' :D

I don't care if it's 'wrong' either! They grow up far too quick as it is I want to get the cuddles in while I can lol!

It depends on what mood E is in. If she is grumpy, I will put her on my tummy and gently bounce her to sleep. If she is happy, I will just put her down in her crib or bouncer and she will just fall asleep on her own.

I know I will be really upset when she is too big to lay on my tummy comfortably.

Last edited:
I do this every night and keep reading that I shouldn't :oooo: trouble is that at 4am I just want him back to sleep by any means and I have to admit I do enjoy mummy cuddles :blush: xx

I dont actually know how to change this I didnt cuddle her for naps anymore because she rarely has them however at night she falls asleep drinking her bottle and I don't know how to change that and get her to settle herself to sleep in her cot???

I actually feel bad for my new LO because I was able to sit and cuddle P all day if I wanted to when she was first born which I did a lot (again I don't cafe if people thinks its bad it made us both happy and that's all that matters
To me) but I won't be able to do that this time ad I have P to look after too! Poor bubba!

Is it branded wrong because babies need independence?
I'm 20 years old and I still love mummy cuddles off my mum, it makes me feel happy and loved.
In fact at my 17/18th birthday party I fell asleep in my mum's arms because I was tired from the party/sleepover the night before :lol: Imagine an 18 year old sleeping on you! xxx

In a way yes, coz kayden falls asleep with every feed & I then put him down to sleep so I suppose he does get cuddled to sleep. I wouldn't hesitate to give him a wee cuddle to settle him. He can also settle himself in his bed & for naps so either way he's fine.

I do. It's the only way we can get LO to go to sleep at bedtime, otherwise she'd be up all night wanting to play!

I do but then she is really colicky. I find that having her tummy against my chest, keeping warm is the only thing that soothes her sometimes xx

Yep, I do. I have no idea how to start getting Jax to settle himself! In fact I am cuddling him while he naps as I type!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Not really-I swaddle him, lie him down so he is face up with my hands behind his head and sway him left to right then half-asleep lie him in his cot and let him fall asleep himself. cuddles are for when I get him out of bed xxxx

Ryan won't fall asleep if he's cuddled or being talked to, I have to put him in his bouncy chair and ignore him before he drifts off, or he fights sleep and is so grumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back