do you bath before or after a feed?

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I'm planning on bathing Harrison tonight. He's not had a bath yet as I've been top and tailing while his cord was attached. Well it feel off yesterday morning and I'm gonna bath him tonight.

He's eating every four hours and will be due a feed at around 8.30pm so do I wake him a little earlier and activities him before the bottle or do I wait for him to feed before bathing him?

I always bath Harry after a feed, I find he's a lot more relaxed on a full tummy. I give him half an hour to let the milk go down then he has a bath with Jack. Try both ways and see which suits you and Harrison best x

We have to do before as James gets very upset when you take him out of the bath (so he needs his bottle to calm him down)

The routine is known as "bath, bottle, bed" I am sure but it depends what works for you so have a little play around.

I find now at 7 months a bottle always calms James for sleep better than anything else so it's the last thing I do with him and he is a good sleeper :lol:

xxxxxxx

As above...we do bath, bottle then bed too :) xx

I bath her before her last feed but after her tea. She gets in with daddy most nights while mummy whips round the kitchen and does the dishes and bottles! Xx

tapatalking

We do bath, bottle and bed. Bed usually comes quite a long time after the bottle though as she messes about!

Bath, bottle and bed for us too. I'd say do it that way round if it's the first bath, just incase LO doesn't like it. Hope you have a water baby like my son tho! He's always loved his bath and never cried! He especially likes all his bedtime bath bubbles!

We always bath after dinner but before the last feed as she makes such a mess with her food haha. Xx

When she was just tiny up to 4 m I think I did 1/2 bottle wait 20 min bath rest of the bottle.
Now we do bath (every other night) bottle, bed

We do 5pm feed, bath at 6pm, she then has a 30 min (you could set your clock by her!) snooze then bed time bottle between 7-7.30pm x

I should add that the boys bath every other day around 6pm and Harry doesn't go to bed until at least 9pm so we do bottle, bath, play, bottle bed x

We do bath, bottle, bed with Ethan too xx

Thank you ladies for the replies.

Well Harrison has had his first bath....he liked it but was so hungry he cried his little eyes out! I think we'll try the bath after the evening feed next time. Just until he gets a little bigger then change to the bath, bottle bed routine. At the min he kinda wakes and demands a feed within minutes! Hahah

x x x

We have to do before as James gets very upset when you take him out of the bath (so he needs his bottle to calm him down)

The routine is known as "bath, bottle, bed" I am sure but it depends what works for you so have a little play around.

I find now at 7 months a bottle always calms James for sleep better than anything else so it's the last thing I do with him and he is a good sleeper :lol:

xxxxxxx

This is same as Jackson I have to quickly get him dried and dressed.

I couldn't do bottle then bath because when it's his ight feed he drops off so I'd need to wake him to bath him. I've did bath bottle bed since 6 weeks he's been sleeping through since 9w.

Xxxx

Thank you ladies for the replies.

Well Harrison has had his first bath....he liked it but was so hungry he cried his little eyes out! I think we'll try the bath after the evening feed next time. Just until he gets a little bigger then change to the bath, bottle bed routine. At the min he kinda wakes and demands a feed within minutes! Hahah

x x x

Whatever works best for you. Jackson didn't like his bath for a few weeks. He loves it now xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back