Do I wake him?

FirstBabyEek

Reaction score
Ts been very sleepy today and yesterday.

Yesterday he had a three hour nap in the morning and an hour and a half in the afternoon.

He's had an hour nap this morning and has been asleep for nearly three hours now. He's 'slept through' lunch, obviously I will feed him when he wakes.

Just wondered if I should wake him?

He's 10 months
Xx

I have been told by many people only wake them if they are underweight and need to eat like clockwork. If he's a healthy boy he should be fine.

I left J to sleep for 7 hours and he's only 4 weeks old, he just ate loads when he woke x

Jacksons only 5m but some days he sleeps longer than others. Yesterday he slept from like 3ish to back of 7pm! He woke full of beans but still settled the same.

I'd let him sleep hun. xxxxx

I have been told by many people only wake them if they are underweight and need to eat like clockwork. If he's a healthy boy he should be fine.

I left J to sleep for 7 hours and he's only 4 weeks old, he just ate loads when he woke x

Hun, check with HV if this is ok as I was told to wake Jackson every 5 hours. He wasn't under weight but they do get thirsty as well as hungry.

When we were in the hospital a woman got a row for letting her LO sleep so long xxxxx

I personally would wake him during the day and leave at night. That's what I've always done and it's not done my lo any harm. My fil always said they will wake if and when they are hungry/thirsty, so I try to go by that, but that's easier said then done xx

If he's sleepy then let him sleep. He may be growing and he needs the sleep!xx

I've said it before ...

Never poke a sleeping dragon in the eye :lol:

Aaron has days like this too ... Sometimes he misses lunch, it's not every day so I'm ok with it. Aaron makes up his own rules, I'm sure T does too :)

I'd leave him hun, Max has sleepy days and I think it's due to a growth spurt or he just likes his kip. As long as he's alert when he wakes up and is eating and drinking as normal I wouldn't worry too much hun xxx

I would leave him , if you wake him he may b grumpy ,I know if I wake r she don't like it ! X

I would leave him. He is not a wee baby any more, can go long without food and if he seems healthy and still sleeps through the night then I see no problem.
Amelie last week slept a long 3 h at morning and 2 h at afternoon and she still slept 7-7
Also all this week slept 7-9 and several naps during the day (we are on vacation so as naps when and where she cans...)
He is probably doing some growing.
The days he is sleepy like that I make sure to offer enough milk and a good protein meal like beef stew or sth like that.
Enjoy I would say :)

sometimes they sleep a while when they are trying to grow or catching up on lost sleep!

i have a rule with my son that he cant sleep after 4pm, so i do wake him up if hes gettin near that time- he is 15 months and ive had that rule since he dropped his morning nap a few months ago, purely because otherwise he wont go to sleep at night until about 9pm, and i cherish my time from 7.30-8pm onwards as me time! (selfish mummy lol)

I would have left him Hun, he normally would have 3meals a day and he looks lovely and healthy xx

At 10 months I'd say ok to leave home as long as he is ok and not underweight.

Newborns they say never go more than 6 hours between feeds longest (well that what the hospital told me)

X

Oh God I wouldn't wake him!

The only old wives tale I pay any attention to is never wake a sleeping baby

On the rare occasions I have woken James (normally if we have an appointment and have to be somewhere) he is OK, a bit more grumpy than usual. I really don't make a habit of waking him though.

As long as bub seems in good health, is eating well and is happy in himself I'd just let him sleep

xxxxxxxxx

I accidentally woke Aaron tonight ad boy did I pay for it :lol:

Tapatalking!

Thank you lovely ladies for your replies. He woke not Long after I posted but had just over three hours. He was hungry so I fed him and he still ate all his tea and took a record 19oz of milk today - I normally struggle to get 15oz in him.

He woke at 4am (but went back down after 4oz milk until 5.30) so he was prob very tired from that.

Tweety - he defo makes up his own rules!! Nothing textbook about him :)

Lets see what tonight brings :)

Xxxxxx

I've said it before ...

Never poke a sleeping dragon in the eye :lol:

Aaron has days like this too ... Sometimes he misses lunch, it's not every day so I'm ok with it. Aaron makes up his own rules, I'm sure T does too :)

Haha! Totally agree :)

W has sleepy days lately too... He slept for 2.5 hours yesterday!!!! And he's in bed at 6pm tonight - earliest ever!xx

Ethan has a sleepy day everyday by the looks of it..
He usually sleeps 2.5-3hrs (usually between 10am-1pm) and then another hour at about 4pm, then sleeps through 7:30-7?!
Slightly worrying, as that's just a normal day for Ethan! :/

xx

Leap time? Just with him being so sleepy and then having lots of milk I wonder if it is?

I personally dont wake sleepy head up unless i need to. Xx

tapatalking

^^^this

hv told me when underweight or loosing weight to wake to them them every 3/4 hours depending on age, but if healthy, happy and gaining weight not to worry about it, ruby sleeps 8hours at night with no feed every night (sorry to rub it in, I know that's miraculous!) and she's fine, just starving marvin when she does wake!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back