Did your morning sickness start gradually or suddenly?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I'm 4 weeks, 6 days and I'm expecting morning sickness to hit any time. I feel yucky sometimes and think it's starting but then it goes away, I'm just wondering if it's likely to hit me with a bang or gradually get worse every day :). I know some women don't even get much morning sickness but I'd be really surprised if I was one of them because bad morning sickness runs in the family.

Last edited:
With my first it felt like somebody just flicked a switch and the nausea appeared (wasn't all that bad though) but this baby had a build up, then went off, then came back, then I was actually sick - but still not bad like a lot of women. Seems to have stopped for the last week or so thank goodness!! Bad morning sickness runs in my family too but I guess I'm just very lucky!! Hopefully you escape unscathed too, you just never know xx

This time it started off slowly, then quickly got worse at around 6 weeks. It continued to be horrible til about 10 weeks, and now is easing off slowly. With my first it hit suddenly at about 7 weeks I think and lasted til 9 weeks, when it quite quickly went from what I remember.

I've only suffered from the odd wave of nausea with this one that started at around 6w. With my 2 girls, I was incredibly sick from weeks 6-14 with my first & from week 6-40 with my 2nd! Although my 2nd girl had a shed load of dark hair when she was born, it was in her eyes & everything-she needed a hair cut pretty much straight away-lol. I put the all the way through sickness with her, down to that! You may not even suffer from sickness, but from my 1st pregnancy exp it came on gradually. Xx

I was fine at first (even wanted to feel sick so it would confirm the pregnancy) it hit at six weeks and still here at 13 weeks!! It's really not nice so fingers crossed you won't get it, I did not have it with my first child.

Mine gradually reared it's nauseaus head from around 7 weeks and built up. It has started easing off now but I have the odd day with horrid feeling sick! It's the lack of energy that is getting me! I have never been this lazy before! :)

with my son I never really had anything to bad - the odd queasy feeling but that's it.........with my daughter however, I hit 6 weeks to the day and bam I got a bad migraine with sickness and the sickness/nausea never went away until I was 16 weeks!

hope you don\t get anything too bad :)

It kind of seems like everyone is different, I guess I'll just have to wait and see lol. When I thought I had a CP it started with feeling sick and it built up slowly. This month I'm getting all the same symptoms as I did then, only not so early, but I'm not feeling feeling sick yet.

I'm with Floridagirl... Hit that 6 week mark and bam! Sick!

It's slowly fading now that I'm 12+ weeks. I had a rough go of it though... I'm not sad to see if fade away!

Suddenly. I was fine when I woke up one morning and by lunch time I was as sick as a sick thing. Haven't stopped being sick yet.

Mine had pretty much gone until this morning........

I felt a little queazy from 4 weeks to 6 weeks but then BAM I was in bed all day from 6 weeks to 10 weeks most days. It started to easy off and I'd have more good days then bad half way through 10 weeks. I still have trouble with dinner time and I'm now 13 weeks.

Well I'm 6 weeks today so was sure it would hit by now but it's not been too bad, I mean I started feeling queazy before 4 weeks and has built up a little, even gagged once but I was expecting to have my head stuck in a toilet by now. A few days ago I felt pretty bad all day and thought I was in for it but the next day I was much better, it may get me yet but if it stays like this I'll count myself as pretty lucky. By sitting still when I feel worse and snacking regularly it's quite under control. Of course when I feel much better it kind of freaks me out in case something is wrong, but that is just me being paranoid lol.

With my first preg I never really had morning sickness. I got the odd queasy feeling but nothing much.

With this pregnancy from exactly six weeks I had constant nausea and sickness through the day 24/7, right up until last weekend. infant it was so debilitating I never left the house all weekend.

This week has been so much better, odd few hours of nausea. Still being sick, mostly late in the evening now, but once I'm sick, I'm fine! Still got no real appetite and really don't feel hungry for anything. I eat because I need to for baby.
X

Yuk Yuk Yuk. My morning sickness is getting worse.not better. I just have nausea and as of yesterday smells (curry, peppers so far) are making me heave but still not actually being sick. Feel dreadful this morning and have a 2 year lids birthday to go to later but all I want do is curl up in a ball! :-(

I’m currently wondering if I’m experiencing morning sickness. This is my second month trying and I’m about 8 days from my next period. Suddenly felt a heavy weight settle in my stomach that makes me feel nauseous in waves. Along with mild cramping centered around my lower back, I feel a little hopeful of my odds. Gotta wait until next week to take a pregnancy test though.

Morning sickness didn’t hit until around week 6 for me. I know af symptoms can be similar to pregnancy symptoms so it can be very difficult to actually symptom spot. Best thing to do is test most ladies start testing around 10 days past ovulation

I’ve had severe sickness with vomiting multiple times a day with both my pregnancies but it didn’t really fully kick in until 6/7 weeks, before then it was waves of nausea here and there, some days nothing at all, I get nausea after ovulation even when I’m not pregnant, the rise in progesterone after ovulation can feel very similar to pregnancy symptoms

I suffered really badly with cramps to begin with and then quite suddenly I felt sick most of the day...then that subsided to be replaced by actual vomiting (so I feel ok and suddenly need to be sick) but I'm 17 weeks tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back